No announcement yet.

Its never ending with this ****ing car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its never ending with this ****ing car!

Hey all
    I just got my car back up and running after lets just say A LONG TIME!, and now yet again another spanner has gone in the works.

After givin her some abuse from time to time i get LOUD tap tap tap tap im guessin its a lazy tapit or a couple as its more than 1 at times and also it reduces boost to 0.6 bar after a hard time and then returns to full power after a while.

i could understand if it droped to 0.4 bar as thats manual waste gate settings but its higher than that so its still using the n95 valve.

Also the mfts (4 pin temp sender) is disconnected due to that throwing a woobler and killin boost for no reason so it cant be that to blame this time.

Its realy getting on my T**s now as i spend Loads of time and keep throwing money at it and theres always that somthing else that pops up when you think you have cracked it!

the thing thats Pi**ed me of the most is that i am suppose to be takin it to donny track this weekend and now thats out of the window coz i cant afford to do any more damage to the engine as it not running right.

Im loosin faith gents!!!!
    The fun starts at the turn of a key
    Quattro power here we go!!

1993 ABY S2 coupe,

I would assume if the temp sensor is disconnected that the ecu will keep the engine in cold start and thus limit the boost.

My thermostat was faulty and as a result I would get the problems you are having, totally random just doen it whenever but a new stat cured it, the only obvious bit was the temp guage falling when driving normally

Comment

Mine taps after a thrash if the oil level isn't at max. HTH.

As for 0.6 bar boost... no idea. Does it run 0.4 bar with the WGFV unplugged?
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

don't loose the faith...after spending a rather significant amount a few weeks ago, I got my avant back and within a week it's got the mother of all boost leaks...

this is all what separates us from mondeo man or corsa/saxo 'kids'....

good luck...

Comment

Know how you feel mate, mine has been a load of bother lately, cant even remember the last time I used mine. May as well keep at it though, you've come this far.

Mark
          '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
          '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
          '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
          '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
          '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
          '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Comment

Took me over 3 years to get it running right and 4 years to rebuild the suspension
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I`m with you on that and trying to keep the faith ...

Love hate an all that

When it is all running fime it is pretty special though

)
              S2 Avant ABY

Comment

didn t know u could run into so much problems running an S2 ??

I drive S2 for 9 years now and i got only 1 boost leak, 1 fuel pump and a turbo broken.

Except for that it s the best realable car iv own so far. ( and porsches are ****, or i was damned unlucky)
                S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

I would suggest if the boost is at 0.6 bar, has the wastegate been tampered with? check the crew on top of it.
                  Know how you feel, I rebuilt mine over the last3 years and finnaly got it running, done the front susepension and brakes this year and I'm still yet to fix an oil leak and the main rad is leaking!!!
                  Just stay the course, as today I had great fun blasting away a VW R32
                  Mike

Comment

I know wot it`s like after it sailed through mot (just needed 2 tyres) three weeks later the crank pully bolt came loose causing the keyway to sheer off in turn bending all inlet valves ind sheering keyway off camshaft pully

My garage is once again full of s2 parts but will not get rid cos it`s the best car i`ve had and best to drive and am once again looking foward to getting back on the road

Comment

yea i no wat u mean i jumped in her to move out of my drive last nite and sat there listen to her per!! sad i no but neva had a car that makes me smile purly by engine note.

As for the waste gate it hasnt been tampered with as when you dissconnect the n95 i get 0.4 bar so thats why its confusing me and i have changed the temp sender for 4 diff 1s and its the same evey time so im thinking i have a cable fault some where!
                      The fun starts at the turn of a key
                      Quattro power here we go!!

1993 ABY S2 coupe,

Comment

Working...
                      X