Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCRAPPAGE TRADEIN From Audi...QUESTIONS

Hi all

Hoping i put in the correct forum,please move to correct one if missplaced,thankyou

I am hoping those with the knowledge of this new scrappage law,how to get arround it....and help me save another Audi quattro from the crusher

I have this case,where i work they will be getting as trade in an Audi 80 quattro,B4 model, they signed the papers with this car to get the goverments,discount,coming in end of July
    WOULD there be a chance that they could trade in another road worthy/taxed car ( my vauxhall....).....instead of the Audi 80 quattro??????

If i had mananged to make a agreement with the current owners

Just wondering if it would be legal to do the swop?..........if ok with the owners ...would the dealership go for it/could they stop it?

ITS not a trade in as such for value of car , but as a goverment scam,to get old cars of road ,it weould certainly be better to keep the Audi on the road.........................

As i see it ( i need to be updated),all is needed is cars to be taxed/mot/and insured to do the sceem..................as both cars are ...would it be enough???

Thanks for any input
    cheers
    john

The person trading it in has to of owned the car for the last 12 months.
    If the Audi is that good, why not offer to buy it from the person who wants to trade it in?

Comment

Scrapage

Hi,thanxs for quick reply.......................

I didnt know that last bit of info

The problem is if i buy the car from the owner, then he looses his 2000 pound discount off his new car,............AND.......if i had the money he looses,i rather get a S2.............

Was just hopin to do a deal with owner and he hands my car in for trade in

cheers
      john

Comment

must these cars actually be scrapped? or can they for example be exported?

Comment

Knowing how much the UK government like to waste, i'd suggest they crush them and thats final.
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Hiya

No the cars go straight to the crusher,on a transporter from dealership,to the breakeryard,and then crushed..............we cant even strip/swop items from car,thats why i was hoping to get the owner to do a deal with me

cheers
            john

Comment

I'd heard it was 3 years of ownership was needed.

Last time I checked, Audi had not signed up to the scrappage scheeme
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Bad News

Hi

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/ow...ge_scheme.html

They seem to have got on the band wagon

cheers
                john

Comment

Originally posted by john881000 View Post
                  ....we cant even strip/swop items from car
                  now how ungreen is that... or is recycling something 2008?

Comment

Working...
                  X