Injector seals boost leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector seals boost leak

Heres one i've not seen mentioned before, worth checking if your looking for 100% health as it only takes a few seconds.

Our S4 had developed a rough idle and makes a whistling sound under boost. Turns out the problem is the seals between injectors and intake manifold, if i pour a little water around the no4 injector its starts to stumble as it sucks it in water around the injector. No4 is really bad but i can also hear a difference on two more when pouring a little water around them, going to replace them all and see how she runs...

Mark.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Yes I've seen this before, my mates trick was two spray wd40 on them and see is the idle changed, although I don't think this is good for the seals myself as it would degrade the rubber.

Comment

send me an sae and i'll send you a set of o rings
      sigpic

Comment

Thats interesting as i have a squeeling noise under boost. Is it quite a noticeable sound? Mine seems to happen at full boost only.
        3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Just taken my injectors off to replace the o rings as i had a squeeling noise under boost agin yesterday. Is there a certain way to replace the o rings? How do you get the old ones off and the new ones on without damaging or stretching them?
          Also the little plastic hats that are on the bottom of the injectors, 2 are cracked. Could this cause a problem?
          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Stevie - get those injectors refurbed & ASNU tested - search forum for recommended places to get that work done. Can be done by post...

Suggest you carefully try the water or WD40 technique on each one whilst idling.

The seals can be damaged alright and you should always renew them when refitting injectors... lube new seals with petrol helps a lot with fitment.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I have done a search and enquired about the injector refurb at the same place Al Wyn got his done. Do they renew all the o rings and the pintle caps

Comment

I can't quote for that company - but i would certainly expect that to be the case.
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

all ASNU centres replace the common items including pintles, o rings (both), clean etc and flow test before and after so should be safe.
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                    all ASNU centres replace the common items including pintles, o rings (both), clean etc and flow test before and after so should be safe.
                    In theory yes they should be replacing these. However I have seen some injectors that have come back from an ASNU service centre with the original pintle caps and O rings still in place.

I suppose you get what you pay for
                    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

New rings from the dealer are about £20 a set...

IIRC silicone lube is the best to use when refitting the injectors, it doesn't damage them and helps to make a good seal.
                      91 S2 coupé - RIP
                      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Part numbers would be great for all the stuff that needs to be changed on this. Anyone?
                        Now quattro less, my urs4 stolen 13.8

Comment

The 10 seals are all the same, part number is: 035 906 149 A. They are about £2 each from Audi though.

Silicone grease should be available from your local motor factors.

On a 3b engine you will also need new o rings on the banjo fittings if you chose to remove them from the fuel rail to change the injectors.

Part number is: N 013 812 8

Not sure what the deal is with ABY/ADY/ANN engines but the FPR is mounted at the rail so i dont think you have the same problem with banjo washers.
                          91 S2 coupé - RIP
                          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
                            The 10 seals are all the same, part number is: 035 906 149 A. They are about £2 each from Audi though.

Silicone grease should be available from your local motor factors.

On a 3b engine you will also need new o rings on the banjo fittings if you chose to remove them from the fuel rail to change the injectors.

Part number is: N 013 812 8

Not sure what the deal is with ABY/ADY/ANN engines but the FPR is mounted at the rail so i dont think you have the same problem with banjo washers.
                            How about the plastic hats bo?
                            Andreas Lundstroem
                            A4 STCC Avant -04
                            Audi /S/2/ Sedan -94

prev.
                            Audi /S/2/ Coupe -91

Comment

Not sure if they are available separately? I cant find them on the family album.
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Working...
                              X