No announcement yet.

Pad advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to pee in yur fire...but he said he had standard brakes...

So there ain't no DS2500 to fit...there was a Pagid fast road, but they dont do it now...

Stick with standard Pagids and start saving for a brake upgrade.
    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by madpugger View Post
      I called circuit supplies, 198 was quoted.

Redstuffs are £50 as far as I remember, I do get a decent discount on them though.
      Strange, got mine there not to long ago...

Europerformance are ussually middle of the road in terms of price

Red Stuff are £95 inc. VAT.

Part no. for DS2500 with 996 monoblocks is FRP3051H, just checked my box of new'uns here.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Flat on my back View Post
        Sorry to pee in yur fire...but he said he had standard brakes...

So there ain't no DS2500 to fit...there was a Pagid fast road, but they dont do it now...

Stick with standard Pagids and start saving for a brake upgrade.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

EBC pads are $hi7 IMO. Ive got the Red stuff ones on porsche monoblocks and i hate them, cant wait to be rid and get DS2500's

You run standard brakes which unfortunately there are no decent pads for. Apart from the Pagid Yellows that stiglet has. They are pretty good i think. But and easy way to burn 200 quid plus.

Depends on how you drive. If your a sedate daily driver then go for a decent OEM replacement pad Or a fast road pad like Black Diamond Predators, Mintex extreme are also pretty good but dont know if they are available for S2.

If you want good brakes without a mental (cack when cold) race pad. Then your going to have to stick Porsche brakes on I managed to buy everything i needed for the conversion for about 550quid.

HTH
          Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
          03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
          01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

on the stock brakes, i'd stick to the pagid Fast Roads for the performance v £. I tried Mintex M1144 and definately don't rate them so personally didn't feel they warranted the near £100 price tag. Hard as nails, no improvement with heat and wooden feel. Liked to chew discs for breakfast too

Definately worth a staggered bit of parts buying to spread the cost of a 996 or larger upgrade. The difference is massive.
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Ferodo DS2500 for monoblocks, part number . FRP3051H £114.52 + £7.95 delivery.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...oduct=15262905

Comment

Originally posted by driftin jo View Post
                Ferodo DS2500 for monoblocks, part number . FRP3051H £114.52 + £7.95 delivery.

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...oduct=15262905

Anyone got any monoblocks?!

Le Mans 2012
                Nurburgring 700
                1995 S2 Avant

Comment

i paid 125 for my reds for the 6 potsIIRC. the ds2500's were "lets sell the S2 to buy some brake pads"

Comment

For standard calipers the reds are around 100 quid for the fronts. They'll do for street driving if you ask me. Ok when cold too.

Pagids: depends which type people are on about. They do normal "road" pads, which are the ones you get from GSF (pagid fast roads). However, if you look at their top range stuff like pagid blues or pagids yellows, they are well beyond most stuff you can get for the G60's but they cost twice as much. I have the yellows and they are ok when cold, but improve noticeably as they warm up.

Also helps if you use decent fluid too! All too easy to confuse pad fade for fluid fade.

Comment

Working...
                    X