Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITS ALIVE!!! ITS ALIVE!!!! Problem solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITS ALIVE!!! ITS ALIVE!!!! Problem solved!

Many thanks to all who replied with their thoughts and ideas of my no ignition problem. The ABY Coupe conversion is alive!!!

A very special thanks goes "The Great One" , "The S2 Jedi Master", Sir Paul Nuggent. aka S2central.net He needs to be Knighted by the Queen for his great deed in solving my problem. Somebody over there start a petition to get him Knighted!

His superior knowledge of the S2 wiring diagrams was the defining break in the case of the no start problem of my Aby converted US spec Coupe Quattro. I owe him many a pints at the local Pub when i hopefully come to the UK and visit.

The problem was the immobiliser was not working. The theft system immobiliser info is a high security item Iam not at liberty to discuss the problem since I promised Paul.

Paul will explain what can be discussed about my problem for the members what he sees fit..

Again many thanks to Paul and the others.

Best regards and safe drive

joe marconi

Cool! If you'd put out that you changed the instalation from 3b or something to ABY or ADU you'd get the answer imediatley. Stupid grounding and simple solution isnt it?
    S2+AAN in progress (again), BMW 3 compact

Comment

ah did you have the aby s2 ecu as well?

Comment

No, I have a RS2 ADU motronic ECU and a AAN ECU

The ABY and AAN ECU are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by AudiCoupeParts View Post
          The ABY and AAN ECU are identical.
          The North American AAN ECU does NOT have an immobilizer feature so it would be different than *some* ABY ECUs, i.e. those with immobilizers.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            The North American AAN ECU does NOT have an immobilizer feature so it would be different than *some* ABY ECUs, i.e. those with immobilizers.
            Yup, my point exactly

Comment

I love it when reality aligns with the theory. Good to know it was just down to this.
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
              X