No announcement yet.

Buying a new rs2 turbo charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advise guys, just a few points,as far as I know you can only buy a refurb if you have an exchange/one to refurb, and I don't. I want an RS2 turbo because its a straight bolt on,and as I want a certain amount of reliability and driveability I don't want much more than 300 plus {famous last words}.I have got RS2 em and injectors, and Paul is sorting the ecu for me so I just need the turbo.I have to do the head gasket on the car and need to do it all at the same time.

Comment

oh thanks a lot for your opinion andy and jamo! and andy you're right, I don't want to spend more money and do the things twice, it's better to do 'em once, but do them good. I'm always more convinced to go for the k24-7200 and ask Paul for a homefry. I spent and lost a lot of money on my Typ89 and I had to scrap it :'( My goal is about 380 or 400hp and the good torque keeping the rods happy.
      Jamo, I just didn't understand that "biturbo" feel you said before! Oh...and that word FAFF!
      - Looking for a S2
      - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
      - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

Have you never been in a bi-turbo S4 car?

RS2 when the power comes on you get a kick very old school turbo, the 2871 is more progressive in power delivery, you go faster but because it's so smooth it feels slower than it actually is.

ALG has a turbo for sale I believe and also so does Sonic. New turbo hmmm you need to look on ebay.de i'm afraid or else your paying silly money

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
          Have you never been in a bi-turbo S4 car?

RS2 when the power comes on you get a kick very old school turbo, the 2871 is more progressive in power delivery, you go faster but because it's so smooth it feels slower than it actually is.

ALG has a turbo for sale I believe and also so does Sonic. New turbo hmmm you need to look on ebay.de i'm afraid or else your paying silly money
          Okay, I got your point then! Well I've never been on a modern biturbo, only single turbo cars... the only biturbo was an old 225bhp Maserati with the odd citroen v6 engine. Anyway, I'll talk to you right on the moment before begin to buy the things for the upgrade! hehe ^^ cheers and thank you!
          - Looking for a S2

sigpic

Comment

You'll get just over 300 out of a k24-7000 with teh right bits
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              You'll get just over 300 out of a k24-7000 with teh right bits
              hehe I know that! like you said, doing the things good and right!
              - Looking for a S2

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
                Thanks for the advise guys, just a few points,as far as I know you can only buy a refurb if you have an exchange/one to refurb, and I don't. I want an RS2 turbo because its a straight bolt on,and as I want a certain amount of reliability and driveability I don't want much more than 300 plus {famous last words}.I have got RS2 em and injectors, and Paul is sorting the ecu for me so I just need the turbo.I have to do the head gasket on the car and need to do it all at the same time.
                I am told its no longer even an exchange item now Audi has the only access.
                Alastair
                RS2

Comment

300 is IMO nowhere near enough in an s2 chassis. although if you can drive well then it may be enough to do a 350-400hp car. i cant dr5ive well so opted for hp lol.

thats gotta be straining that little snail too.

Comment

Working...
                  X