Back to reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to reality

Greetings all... I have more or less returned from a month of mad mad workload - we had a live event to do, and it required all of my time to pull it together.

I haven't looked at PMs yet, nor do I know who has been sending me ECUs while I was away. Sorry for being off the air for so long, but it was one of those things.

I now have a backlog of 'stuff' to do round the house which is next priority before chrimbo and there is the small matter of lifting heads for damage assessment on the old red V6Q which popped its timing belt two weeks ago - it feels like two months ago.

I'll treat the PMs in the order they arrived and hope to be caught up to speed by the weekend.

Cheers,

Paul

PS - It seems that the leprichauns didn't come as promised to fix my leaky S2 Coupe, so thats still on the 'to do' list
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

welcome back paul.

sure this will bring you even more pm'sand mails. lol

Comment

Hello paul. What was the event? Trust it went well?

Comment

welcom back paul you have pm
        3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Welcome back
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hey Paul, check out the leaky coupe thread, we've been making some progress over there
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

welcome again the day of my birthday Mr Nugent
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Blooming work they always get you one way or another, good to see your back.

Comment

back paul
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]92 3B pearl white=gone back home to Germany,probably in bits and pieces

RS2 VOLCANO BLACK] soon to be broken to bits

Comment

Thanks for the greetings... actually feels a bit weird being back here after so long without an Audi fix of some sort. As to the leaky Coupe - I will have to catch up on that one - my leaky coupe is now a mouldy Coupe - looking very sorry for itself.

Stripped much of the V6 tonight - got as far as I could from the top... The timing belt must have slipped instead of snapped... It has actually reduced itself to about half its normal width. Removed the intake plenum to have a peer at some valves and the inlets look straight. I cut the belt so I could rotate each camshaft with a spanner and both felt fine so valves might be OK. Twas pretty messy in there though - clearly several leaky gaskets causing the oily sweats.

Later in the week I'll have to dump the coolant and fight to remove the downpipes so I can remove each head for a proper investigation.

The other oddball is that someone has marked about three spots on the left head for timing marks - how random is that ?
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Do you have to remove the downpipes? Cant you just undo the manifolds and gently prise back? Just a thought!
                      Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                      X