No announcement yet.

Topgear Classic Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote to tell the world, or at least the ones that watch top gear. It will keep the value of the car up and less will get dragged to the scrappy cos they have had a minor ding but are still uneconomical to repair!
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Raising the profile may increase the value of the cars slightly but it could also increase your insurance premiums if it increases its desirability in the wrong circles. Just because it is 'Classic Car' in the eyes of some TV show and car mag doesn't necessarily mean you are more likely to get more cash out of an insurance firm if you prang it.
      1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
      Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
        Raising the profile may increase the value of the cars slightly but it could also increase your insurance premiums if it increases its desirability in the wrong circles. Just because it is 'Classic Car' in the eyes of some TV show and car mag doesn't necessarily mean you are more likely to get more cash out of an insurance firm if you prang it.

Granted but market value might not be going through the floor right now if the S2 was as well known as a fast fun car as say the 911, old heaps of 911s still fetch stupid dough. And could insurance be higher? group 19 now isnt doing any of us any favours
        Ragusa Coupe gone!
        sigpic
        VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
        VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
        vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Ive been considering removing my badges and putting 1.8 on the back

Comment

I just can't help but come to the conclusion that raising the profile of the S2 will do more harm than good financially. Actually, I don't care that much because I have an Avant and it is very much under-badged. I will just be really annoyed once some chav scum with a burberry baseball cap actually respects my choice of car and knows what I am driving.

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
              I just can't help but come to the conclusion that raising the profile of the S2 will do more harm than good financially. .
              Lee I whole heartedly agree.....Lets keep then nice a quiet, discrete and very fast....

There is no point upping the profile if the insurance costs outweigh any benefits at selling time. My prime motivation for getting a S2 was its relative low profile WRT to its performance...it is not as obvious as a Scobbie nor as sterotyped as a Volvo or BMW, it does not get noticed by either thieves or the gentlemen in stripey cars.

As for the 911, I'll disagree strongly that the S2 is as fun to drive, it may be very quick and indeed quicker than many 911s, but its pretty inert and numb in comparison, which is a good trait to have when its being used daily. I couldn't justify driving the 911 daily in comparison.

But I'll take the 911 whenever I'm just out for a fun, go nowhere drive...sure I'll be gone longer but I'll have a bigger grin on my face.

Comment

It IS a classic car - I don't need Clarkson to tell me that!! I worked that out for myself - that's why I bought one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pjeast73
                  It IS a classic car - I don't need Clarkson to tell me that!! I worked that out for myself - that's why I bought one!!!!
                  Indeed!

If you have to be TOLD its a classic, it isn't!

Cheers,

Steve.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

You know which car won the Practical classics top 100 classic car vote don't you........

http://www.morrisminoroc.co.uk/news/pctop100.html

Have a guess.

David

Comment

Bloody hell, we get more posts about your moggy than your S2!!
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

LOL, maybe S2forum should merge with MorrisMinor.com or whatever

Comment

I thought those words were in the swear filter! LOL!

I think Site Admin have more work to do!!

Designun Limited....

Comment

Originally posted by Michel
                            Lets keep them nice and quiet, discrete and very fast....
                            I'm firmly in that school of thought.
                            Originally posted by martinjs
                            Ive been considering removing my badges and putting 1.8 on the back
                            Trying to find the time to do this - and deciding what to replace the S2 badge with... something (1.8, TDi, whatever) or just leave it completely unbadged at both ends. (Front one is off already.)

Ck.
                            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Working...
                            X