No announcement yet.

Kielder Walk and Drive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped up to Kielder last weekend and took a few photos bloody cold as you can tell by how well wrapped wooor lass is lol!!! this is one of my favourite areas so peaceful and roads are great
    Attached Files

Comment

Your car looks fantastic! Is it black or is my colour-blindness playing tricks on me again?

I think when my Avant becomes impractical - i.e. when I'm told a 20+ year old car without airbags isn't going to be the family runaround - I'd like to get a nice ABY coupe on Avus II alloys like yours as a second car, just to keep that 5-pot sound in my life

Comment

Its black mate photo quality wasn't excellent that day as it was so damn cold and windy!! When I bought it 14 years ago it was the only colour I wanted with black leather just the perfect combi for me

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1MRmUUENrE

Found this as a link and as mentioned at the beginning of this thread about Riccarton Junction the little old lady talking in the video is Caroline's Great Auntie so once again I surprised at what a small world we live in!

Comment

Been up to one of my favourite places this evening and took a few photos am making the most of my car as its due to fail its MOT very shortly due to my sub frame problem so thought I'd share a few photos I nearly forgot to add I had a good blast up there!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Well with the pending MOT fail all i hear is that means you get some time to sort out some upgrades so she can come back better and stronger.... polybushings anyone??? lol

Comment

Ha Ha funny you should suggest that!!! Well my garage Autobahn are wanting to put on standard Subframe bushes and am wanting a different option so watch this space I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                    Looking good!
                    Cheers mate your photos from the other other day gave me some inspiration to make the most of a lovely evening. superb area and only 30 mins drive

Comment

Was up at my favourite area at Kielder yesterday taking advantage of a lovely afternoon took some pics hope you all like them!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

great photos....next time try pointing the car at a 45 degree angle to the lake and taking a photo along the side of the car to the lake from about 45 degs to the side of the car from the rear.....will look gorgeous, especially in fading light with the water
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                          great photos....next time try pointing the car at a 45 degree angle to the lake and taking a photo along the side of the car to the lake from about 45 degs to the side of the car from the rear.....will look gorgeous, especially in fading light with the water
                          Cheers mate il bear that in mind next time am up there

Comment

some great shots there, anthony!! that's definitely a place that we'd like to bring one of the audi meetings to!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

I was only ever thru Kielder the once - in the late 80s or early 90s (not sure as I was a student then - its all a blur) - chasing some rally cars of course at some ungodly hour of the night/morning - tis a wonderful part of the world... I remember barely being able to walk across sections of the 'road' (cos of ice) that cars were doing ~100mph over an hour later !
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

yup, i remember those days too - must have been in the late 80s - we were down there for 6.30am or so and watching all manner of ton-up classic fords etc churn up the chuckies all over us on the bends!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Working...
                                X