Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinions on A4 vs A6 Avant?

My S2 is heading back North on Sunday- gonna be a sad day

I'm looking for a 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant to hopefully keep the War Office quiet, as she doesn't like the S2 (Or is it just that the S2 is so goddamn quick??) How I'm gonna miss the look on the faces of newer 'fast' cars drivers, when they get dumped by a coffin carrier

I'm more tempted by an A4, as I am assuming it would be more nimble thro roundabouts than an A6, and therefore generally quicker/more fun.

There must be a good number of you that would have opinions........

Any advice/comments gratefully received (looking to spend max £13k)

If you need rear leg room, get the A6. There is more legroom in my coupe than the S4. Boot is much bigger on the A6 too.
    A4s look better though IMHO. I imagine there isn't a great deal between them to drive - both quite dull and devoid of character. You will miss the S2.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I prefer the C5 A6 over the newer ones! Easily get 3 kids in car seats in the back of the RS6. In fact the RS2 is a bit tighter but manageable, with reasonable leg room too. More so that the B5 S4 and even the B6/7's I reckon.

But the B8 S4 does seem to have a fair bit more room - the boot is shorter than my C5 but actually width it's about the same, and leg room isn't much worse than the C5 A6. I'd love a B8 S4 if funds allowed... unfortunately they don't but it got me thinking about swapping the RS6 for a B8 A4.
      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        I imagine there isn't a great deal between them to drive - both quite dull and devoid of character. You will miss the S2.
        Thanks for that, Error
        Thats really made my day

What about the torque output- surely thats gonna put a smile on my face, especially if its been chipped?

Comment

I have an A4 2.8q (B5 model) and that is certainly not dull, and due to the lower weight up front actually more nimble to drive than an S2. But with the heavier diesel that advantage will be gone (why would you want a diesel???) An A6 is a large lump that does not like corners, I had a A6q 2.5TDI (C5 model), and even my current A8 corners better. what they all have in common is that compared to a decent S2 they all are slooowww

why a diesel? or you must like having no torque below 1500 and redline at 4500... or the rattle on starting it, and the smoke when temps are below 0. as far as diesels go, the Audi V6 is a very good one, but after having spent some time with a petrol V6 that was the end of the A6 diesel...

Comment

mpg
            sigpic
            "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
            BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
            1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
            2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

I've had b5, b6, b7, c5 and c6 avant's, so these are my opinions. If you need space, it is c6/4f. Nice handling and sporty outfit, ofcourse a4, in this case you are talking about b7 or b8. A6 and a4 both drives quite easily with 3.0tdi, a4 with smaller consumption.

There's no room for sense in these choises, otherwise we all would be driving vw's

Comment

Working...
              X