Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 59.Traffic act - Are fhe Police abusing it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ross View Post
    I don't think anyone has said 'all coppers are c**ts' to be fair - as much the fault of those who worded the act... politicians are c***s too don't take it personally, I'm sure you are a good 'un

What you find is that most people are generally law abiding and sensible, thus don't really have any contact with the police except when we cross one that takes a dislike to so someone we've done and makes us feel like a criminal. So it is probably 1 in 100 coppers with an attitude, but if that's the only one i speak to in 3 years it might seem like it's all of them - but actually most must be pretty good or I'd be talking to them a lot more often!

As enthusiastic performance car drivers we're always going to stick out a bit, blast past someone (safely of course) or plant it off the lights, and occasionally cross a cop that wants to make an example, probably assuming we always drive like a nutcase and need stopping. So every now and then there will be a moan about misjustice and 'bad cops', dragging up a forum's worth of bad experiences over the past 10 years, but on a day to day basis I think we're all grateful for the majority of the force like yourself who make the country a better and safer place.
    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
      I don't think anyone has said 'all coppers are c**ts' to be fair - as much the fault of those who worded the act... politicians are c***s too don't take it personally, I'm sure you are a good 'un

Just to clarify my comment was that most of society are *****... as experienced every day on the roads

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
      Well as a copper lads I wouldn't call myself a C**T.
      What would your mates say?
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Well as a copper lads I wouldn't call myself a C**T. I am a normal person who wanted to help members of the public who are subjected to crime etc and I come from a family of Police. A lot of you are commenting on other peoples experiences that you were not privy to.
        Every job has wrong 'uns, its a bit like saying all Subaru drivers are tossers etc..... You moan that coppers tar everyone who drives a performance car with the same brush and you are doing the same and jumping to conclusions based on a stereotype.
        I thought this forum was full of sensible people...

Unfortunately Steve, in my experience mate you are in the minority, as with anyone who isn't a c*nt
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Well in my defence i dont really deal with traffic matters. Most situations can be dealt with by just having a conversation.
          Something some police lack an ability to do.
          With most traffic law its black and white. Sect 59 probably has been used too readily when in the first place some words of advice is all is neeeded
          We all do driving manouvres that if we look back we can say were silly.
          However i agree with earlier comments that many drivers take exception at a perfectly safe overtake.
          Probably just a consequence of congested roads.?

Comment

However i agree with earlier comments that many drivers take exception at a perfectly safe overtake.
            Probably just a consequence of congested roads.?
            And the general dumping down of society...

Speed = bad.
            Overtaking = dangerous and jumping the queue.

Seem to be the general consensus these days by the majority.
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I'm refraining from jumping in

Comment

Well as a copper lads I wouldn't call myself a C**T. I am a normal person who wanted to help members of the public who are subjected to crime etc and I come from a family of Police. A lot of you are commenting on other peoples experiences that you were not privy to.
                Every job has wrong 'uns, its a bit like saying all Subaru drivers are tossers etc..... You moan that coppers tar everyone who drives a performance car with the same brush and you are doing the same and jumping to conclusions based on a stereotype.
                I thought this forum was full of sensible people...

Likewise, as a copper also, I wouldn't call myself a c*nt.

Like bus drivers or any other profession, there are good ones and not so good ones. As a teenager I worked in a generic superstore in my town, one of the managers was a pr*ck.. However this does not mean that all generic superstore managers are pr*cks.

Comment

I've had the plessure to deal with the Police many times throughout my life so far, some really bad, some not so bad, some positively helpfull. How you react in the first 10 seconds is so important, if you're in the wrong hold your hands up and grovel, if you feel you weren't in the wrong proceed with caution, if you're absolutely sure you're not in the wrong fight all the way but expect a plenty of grief in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Sjcrowther View Post
                    Likewise, as a copper also, I wouldn't call myself a c*nt.

Like bus drivers or any other profession, there are good ones and not so good ones. As a teenager I worked in a generic superstore in my town, one of the managers was a pr*ck.. However this does not mean that all generic superstore managers are pr*cks.
                    Did the manager have the ability to seize your vehicle and have it crushed because you left the premises by accellerating aggressively or overtaking a customer pushing a shopping trolley in an 'unsafe manner' - just because he was having a bad day? My heart bleeds for you - get the violins out for the Police....there are pricks in many professions - not many can cause you to have a car that you have worked hard for to be under the threat of being seized...a friend of mine had to sell his pride and joy - a BMW M3 due to some saddo issuing him with a Section 59. The punishment does not match the crime in many cases.Whatever next Armed response units for the child caught stealing sweeties? Section 59 is being used without just cause, in cases where a damn good verbal bollocking would suffice.

Comment

Working...
                    X