Reality Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check

Right, posted this on another forum and got some pretty :corey: reactions, so I wanted to see what the reaction of another forum.

Here's the story:-

Just over 2 years ago, I purchased a replacement driveshaft for my runaround from the main dealer at a cost of £150. There was then the £30 to have it fitted and then the tracking needed sorting, so that's £200 or thereabouts.

Earlier in the week, I had the car MOTd and was given an advisory on the CV boot being knackered and about to split. Not the original driveshaft but the replacement one! Couldn't believe it.

So, in just over 2 years and about 15k miles, a part from a main dealer required remedial work.

Now, I'm rather unhappy about this, so I called up the dealer to see what they had to say and just got told that the parts warranty is 12 months and then they tried to pass me around the company, hoping I'd get bored. That's customer service!

On my S2, the CV boots are pretty much all original, so have lasted 10x that of the part mentioned above and I would expect them to last at least 60k miles, not 15k.

So, is my reaction valid, or are the :corey:s on the other forum right to tell me to stop being a moaning minnie?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

2yrs for an OEM German part is shocking. If it's French of course its pretty standard
    2 years is about the life span of a Chinese ebay special IME.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Madness, of course you're right, lets hope similar things don't happen to them. I'm sure if you push you will get action, personally I'd be threatening them with review sites, local papers even Watchdog for their outrageous lack of care to their customer service

Comment

Anyway, surely if its a new OEM part it should have 3 years warranty as per a new car? Since it is the same part as was fitted to the car when new, and fitted by their staff it should be covered by the same 3yr warranty?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Just spoke to a very nice chap at UK customer service and he could appreciate why I wasn't overly impressed. Wait and see what they come back with, if anything.

Yes, it's French... but then, the rest of the car is spot on, so don't believe everything you've heard
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

dont buy french anything. lesson to be learned here.

no parts are as good as they used to be not even german ones.

Comment

It isnt acceptable but it is what I have come to expect from French cars. I offset the crap parts with the tiny initial outlay on the car in the first place. If you drive a frenchie, you are going to be doing more Maint on it for sure. You just wont pay (or shouldnt) the German premium in the first place.

Comment

and you wont get bored with a ford either

Comment

Love both the Clios in the house. Sure, they need some TLC every now and again but as I always say; if they were properly made, they'd be heavy and if they were heavy, they'd not drive as well: that's Va Va Voom.
                  Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'm with you on this one, I even started a similar thread!

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63899
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                    X