Mot tomorrow on 200k mile ZX Volcane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot tomorrow on 200k mile ZX Volcane

Haha. What is the chance of a cheap pass? Small to none i would say. Fingers crossed it just needs some wiper blades but i fear for its life. Anymore than 300quid and im on the lookout for a Leon tdi FR

Good god. A freed off brake caliper and it passed. Onwards towards 220k miles after a drop of fresh oil. Happy days

Comment

Wikid. My old man had a 1.9D ZX. Slowest car ever I think. Dreamed of a Volcane...
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I bought the ZX for £500 to get me through a few months when I didnt have much cash. That was over 4yrs ago. Put god knows how many miles on it with just a new rad, new original backbox, some brakes and tyres and many new lower arms ha ha. The XUD engines are brilliant and the box and clutch are still good too. It has taken me to Scotland a few times, and all corners of England. Never broken down apart from the exhaust falling off on a dual carriageway in Canterbury a coupla years back at 80mph. That wasn't much fun.

Quick it isn't but a shed load quicker than the N/A 1.9 engines ha ha. A friends mum had a Volcane years ago and when I had the chance to buy one, I couldn't resist. Bizarrely, it is more rare than the S2 and alot more comfortable to drive. The aged velour bucket like seats are the best I have ever sat in.

The TDI FR will have to wait another year i guess.

Comment

Working...
        X