Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle recovery from Germany.

Hi,
    Has anyone here has a vehicle recovered from Germany back to the UK?
    My S2 has had yet another set back but this time it was my fault, I may have been going slightly quick in the wet and the lack of grip of the Toyo Tyres ment that the S2 and the barrier became friends.

I am looking to collect the car myself but not sure when I will be able to get out there.

Does anyone know a good/cheap company that can recover the car for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Which part of Germany is it?(if not nurburgring?)
    Last edited by spink; 4 December 2013, 12:56.

Comment

Ahh dude. Bad luck.... Sorry to see that.

Comment

Oh my word, it seems like the only luck you have is bad luck! Why can you not drive it back?

Comment

Back wheel looks a bit out of line and front one maybe took a knock?

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
            Which part of Germany is it?(if not nurburgring?)
            It maybe over that way!
            My luck is pretty rubbish with this car, thinking about getting rid of it once its fixed before anything else happens or put the engine in an older quattro of sorts.

Not really drivable unless I take a new rad, headlight and rear tie rod with me and fix it there, not sure if there will be any other issues I cant see

Comment

Well if it helps, I have a spare bonnet you can have when you get back. Its green so you will need to paint it but its yours if you want it and remember I only live in Hemel so fairly easy for you to have lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                Well if it helps, I have a spare bonnet you can have when you get back. Its green so you will need to paint it but its yours if you want it and remember I only live in Hemel so fairly easy for you to have lol.
                Cheers mate, Ill take you up on that and give you some cash. Lucky I have a spare wing in the shed (assume it will fit but its off an avant)

Comment

This guy is always very highly regarded by the northloop boys.

http://www.lizardlogistics.com/page2.htm
                  S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
                    Cheers mate, Ill take you up on that and give you some cash. Lucky I have a spare wing in the shed (assume it will fit but its off an avant)
                    Dont worry about it bud. Its just sat there and wont be getting used. Also I hate to break it to you but I dont think the Avant wing will be any good to you as the side bump strip is thin on an avant and thick on a coupe so it wont match up there for starters.... Not sure on the profile though so it might work until you find a coupe one...

Comment

I'm driving over to bonn/cologne area early Friday morning if ya need a few tools or bits required to fix it left over there.
                      Probably a bit late
                      84 URQ 20VT
                      95 avant 80 TDI
                      87 CQ

Comment

Coupe and avant wings different, last avant I had some twerp had fitted(badly) a coupe one
                        Was really obvious and the top of the wing hit the door

Comment

Sadly mine came back on a lorry from Germany once. It was all done through the AA though, are you not covered?

Le Mans 2012
                          Nurburgring 700
                          1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Sorry to see this mate, your S2 really seems to hate you
                            I can't really help with the recovery unfortunately but I do have a headlight
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Shame about the wing,
                              Asked for a quote, still thinking about getting it myself using my mates recovery truck but shall see what the quote comes back like.

I have RAC European cover including recovery back to the UK but when I rang them I was told that this did not cover accident damage and only breakdown, I asked them to tell me what difference it made and the answer I got was that it became an insurance issue. Teach me to read the small print next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X