No announcement yet.

Best cams for 5858 turbo engine set???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cams for 5858 turbo engine set???

Hello,

I use an AAN engine with:
    -Ported head, mecanical lifters, springs, Ti lifters, 034 valves, 7A camshafts and ajustable gears(i also have AAN camshafts);
    -Standard intake manifold AAN;
    -Tubular exhaust manifold;
    -8,5 comp pistons, FCP rods;
    -Precision 5858, 4" ported inlet, T3 0.63 hot side(I also have an T3 0.82 housing);
    -DTA S80PRO ecu;
    -Staged water injection;
    -I also use ALS with 30% TPS open.

I use this setup for an Audi coupe Drift car, only in competitions and I managed to make 521hp at 2.2bar.

My problem is that I have too much lag, which I think is because I use 7A cams and in this conditions I have to use a very aggressive ALS.

So can anyone tell me what cams to use, or maybe I need to use 0.82 hot side.

What custom camshafts should I use for about 600hp?

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vASwQC9ux8

If you put the 0.82ar on the same set up you will have even more lag!!

Comment

I know, that is the reason for using 0.63
      And another problem is that the hydraulic lifters camshafts it is uses much faster in combination with mechanical lifters.
      That's whay I want to buy new camshafts.

Comment

I am think to buy 1012440 catcams.

So please someone tell me if is worthed for this engine setup.

Or like I read on anothers posts to try 7a ex-aan in combo.

Comment

I'm intrested in this.. Im trying to figure out if I should use both 7a cams, or 7a ex and 3b inlet. I have driven with both setups before and the car was better with 7a ex and the 3b inlet. But changed some other bits the same time, so difficult to know. People here in norway tell me to use both 7a

I have a Precision 5557, 4" inlet, T3 0.63 hot side and stock head, and currently running 7a cams sat in 0, but it will be mapped one of these days so I must diside what to go for.. My car is a 3b s2

Also been wondering about other cams

Comment

Speek to jonus - racing he has some custom cams that work very well on the i5 .

Comment

Originally posted by bogdanclung View Post
              I am think to buy 1012440 catcams.

So please someone tell me if is worthed for this engine setup.

Or like I read on anothers posts to try 7a ex-aan in combo.
              I am using those cams in my engine. They seem to work very well and make some good power. The idle isn't that bad either but they arn't that extreme so its to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
                I am using those cams in my engine. They seem to work very well and make some good power. The idle isn't that bad either but they arn't that extreme so its to be expected.
                Idle don't matter

Can you tell me what was the price for those Jonus cams

Comment

If possible speak to Repo or Terrybullwon, the best off the shelf ones outside of the OEM vag are Schrick cams

Comment

http://www.jonus-racing.no/ ???

Comment

Originally posted by caterpillar View Post
                      It's not in english this site, but I have send an email to them and wait for a response

Comment

I did not have any reply from Jonus, but some one tell me to regrind my 7A or AAN cams.

Can any one tell me what results can be obtained from this operation,

For sure duration and lift can be high, but the timing can be modified, to reduce the overlap?

so please, someone who use or knows, this type of cams can send'me some dyno charts of some advices, especially if it has an engine configuration closer to mine?

I'm also interesed for a price for regrinding.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Bogdan, just remembered that also KRB trading (Kai) also have some custom profiles, - he answer very fast and speak english perfectly and gived me a lot of tips.
                          http://www.krbtrading.no/ - give him an email or a call.

Comment

Originally posted by henrylee View Post
                            I'm intrested in this.. Im trying to figure out if I should use both 7a cams, or 7a ex and 3b inlet. I have driven with both setups before and the car was better with 7a ex and the 3b inlet. But changed some other bits the same time, so difficult to know. People here in norway tell me to use both 7a

I have a Precision 5557, 4" inlet, T3 0.63 hot side and stock head, and currently running 7a cams sat in 0, but it will be mapped one of these days so I must diside what to go for.. My car is a 3b s2

Also been wondering about other cams
                            Hi, do you have some dino charts from this engine configuration?
                            I'm just curious, because I wonted to buy that turbo before this 5858 that I have now.
                            For sure you have less lag..

Comment

Dont have yet, but maybe later this week.. I can post here if everything goes as planned

Comment

Working...
                              X