Insurance Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Problems

My quattro was insured with Co-Op Insurance for the past two years and was a reasonable £300 fully comp with 9 years protected NCB.
    Switched this over to my daily A3 around July.
    My renewal is due on the 14 Jan and they wanted £380 this time so I told them to shove it ! Got a more reasonable quote (for the A3) of £250 ! Result

However in February 2012 the Royal Mail decided they wanted to reverse one of there vehicles into the door of my quattro whilst it was stationary outside my work place After haggling with the Royal mail over the cost of repairs verses car value they finally decided to repair my door.

Now my NEW insurance want to add an extra £86 to my premium even though it wasn't my fault (not even in the car at the time) because its coming up on the data base as MY fault
    Just come off the phone to Co-Op who say It wasn't my fault BUT I need to speak to the claims team direct tomorrow before I can have written confirmation of this !

My New insurance company refuse to do anything until they get this confirmation in writing and if I am correct (which I am) they will still charge me £25 admin fee because I never declared it even though it was a non fault claim and the Royal Mail Insurance paid the bill !!

Grrrr ! Just fuming now
    For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

You have to tell them about any accidents, your fault or not. In a way it's better that they've found out this way and charged you £25 rather than waiting until you make a claim and telling you that your policy is void.

Always look on the bright side

Comment

To tell you the truth Sidrick I completely forgot all about it (I have short term memory loss)
      And because my insurance at the time (Co-Op) had nothing to do with it I thought that was that !

Oh well you live and learn !
      For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

I hate insurance companies they all need a right good kicking

Comment

Do not insure with Lloyds. I changed a policy recently for my daily as they came in at £163.00 Paid in full but 5 weeks later (after the cut off point for cancelling) they wrote to me telling me that I had answered a question wrong on the online application. I had got the date of purchase wrong. It was nearly five years ago, and my guess was a couple of months out (I was lazy and couldn't be arsed to find the log book for ownership transfer date) Anyhow, they used experian to confirm I had "lied" and charged me £3.83 more because I had owned the car for slightly less time than I confirmed, £25.00 admin fee and another £28.something for god knows what. I went batsh*t crazy and said I wanted to cancel it immediately and they said there was a £50 cancellation fee. I told them not to bother and that I would not renew it next year and would never use another one of their products ever.

Clearly the error was mine but the punishment did not fit the crime. I did not mind paying an increase premium for owning the car less time (although I have never heard of this before) but the charges on top of more than £50 are unfair and not just, especially given its an online policy and they dont send out docs.

Rant over but yeah, screw insurance companies. They are up there with Lawyers in terms of git stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
            My quattro was insured with Co-Op Insurance for the past two years and was a reasonable £300 fully comp with 9 years protected NCB.
            Switched this over to my daily A3 around July.
            My renewal is due on the 14 Jan and they wanted £380 this time so I told them to shove it ! Got a more reasonable quote (for the A3) of £250 ! Result

However in February 2012 the Royal Mail decided they wanted to reverse one of there vehicles into the door of my quattro whilst it was stationary outside my work place After haggling with the Royal mail over the cost of repairs verses car value they finally decided to repair my door.

Now my NEW insurance want to add an extra £86 to my premium even though it wasn't my fault (not even in the car at the time) because its coming up on the data base as MY fault
            Just come off the phone to Co-Op who say It wasn't my fault BUT I need to speak to the claims team direct tomorrow before I can have written confirmation of this !

My New insurance company refuse to do anything until they get this confirmation in writing and if I am correct (which I am) they will still charge me £25 admin fee because I never declared it even though it was a non fault claim and the Royal Mail Insurance paid the bill !!

Grrrr ! Just fuming now
            Sorry mate i don,t know you but i sympathise totally.

Don't you all know by now THIS IS RIP OFF BRITAIN .Insurance is basically legalised robbery.The duck they dive and couldn,t give a DAM once they have your money
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

All insurance companies are just a bunch of ****holes trying to find any reason to get some more money out of you. When the day comes I will take great pleasure in telling Admiral I'm not renewing with them and am not interested in them matching my quote because they are an awful company whose customer service gets worse every year.

Comment

Working...
              X