Service History Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service History Records

Am I the only one who keeps a record of work done on their cars, a bit more than just keeping the receipts and stamping the service book !

I keep a spreadsheet for service and repairs and one for the modifications from day one.
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...1&d=1390123267

It contains the kind of info I would like to know if I was buying a car and also a good reference for mileage etc.

I know the Service Book is the formal record but that is a bit general.... for me, anyway !

Attached is a PDF of what I am using, any other versions..... ??

I don't think there is anything confidential here ??

Comments welcome, polite or otherwise, just be gentle !!!

Paul
    Attached Files

I don't go to the trouble of putting things into a formal spreadsheet (mostly because my day job involves too much use of Excel as it is) but I do annotate all receipts, records and mechanical invoices to show exactly what has been done, at what mileage if not already obvious along with other info that might be important. For example, on my little ZX Volcane, it had a reconditioned rear axle from a 306 Cabrio which has different brakes to the original car. A quick note should mean future owners wont have to faff around for parts like I did. I doubt very much I will ever sell it but you get the gist.

Some people do not deserve to own cars. I was in my sisters car the other day and she sits at light riding the clutch, stops down country roads talking to her farmer mates for half an hour at a time with the engine running and the fan cutting in and out etc etc. I said to her, just turn the thing off, or use the footbrake at junction or traffic lights instead of caning your clutch. Her reply was "I will sell it in a year or so, so I dont care" Sigh!! No respect at all. Tried to explain that she will be expecting someone to part with good money for her poorly driven car but she just didn't get it.

Comment

Understand, I work with excel a lot too... I get a bit bored sometimes and it takes just a few minutes to update the file..

I had a sad occasion when I kept details like this for a 1976 Porsche 911 that I basically restored over 9 years, I gave the file to the new owner.... A few years later the car came up for sale, as a different model. and the mileage had gone backwards !? I contacted the seller and he did not know anything about the history file, it disappeared... I told him what I could remember, including the fact that it was a 2.7S and not a 3.0 SC.... he had been scammed...

I know it wont prevent this, but it might help...

PAUL

Comment

Working...
      X