No announcement yet.

Power steering hose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 5 cents are that the pipe from the pump to the steering rack when redone using the internal plastic from the original it squeaked like mad. The only hose that audi made braided was the one from the servo to the bomb

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
      My 5 cents are that the pipe from the pump to the steering rack when redone using the internal plastic from the original it squeaked like mad. The only hose that audi made braided was the one from the servo to the bomb
      I second that Vas.
      Done my pump/steering rack hose with right internal diameter and with all the internal bits from the old one and it moans like hell...

Stefano
      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Don't have a clue what I did right with mine then. I used nylon pipe (6mm od 5mm id) pushed onto the barbed nipple on the steering pump fitting, I made sure the pipe went the full length of the external pipe and also drilled those tiny little holes in the nylon pipe ( 4 x 1.5mm holes from memory).

Hope that helps someone
        The ONLY S2 Golf!
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
        10.42@138mph
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
          Glad your still about and keeping well and that business is good. Always glad to hear that in this climate. Your own car? I hope you mean that monster 309! Hows that going? An ABY into something.... do tell.
          I will use the Audi engine for something rwd, not the Peugeot though as that has to stay in its original specification to meet the race regulations.

The Pug is slowly coming together, now we have a booth getting it painted is far less of an issue, really expect to get it mounted on the roll over jig in the upcoming weeks and I can't imagine it will be long till its then painted and finally going back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybravo View Post
            I will use the Audi engine for something rwd, not the Peugeot though as that has to stay in its original specification to meet the race regulations.

The Pug is slowly coming together, now we have a booth getting it painted is far less of an issue, really expect to get it mounted on the roll over jig in the upcoming weeks and I can't imagine it will be long till its then painted and finally going back together.
            Well when you get the next toy, rwd I expect a thread and im sure the others here will appreciate it too.

Glad to hear the Pug will be coming along. We are long overdue an update to yoru thread mate and one with new colour pics would be a pretty good one to go for! Lol. Glad all is well and look forward to hearing about both of the above.

Comment

which is the top pressure of the oil inside the power steering pipe?
              how many bars?
              sigpic

Comment

200Bar or so I think, ~3000PSI?

Regular PAS pumps are anything from 700-1400PSI, but these run the brakes as well..... which uses higher pressure.

Comment

PAS side of the system is 100bar
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

How much does a hose cost from somewhere like piretek?
                    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Working...
                    X