No announcement yet.

The death of Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have to watch it all a year or so behind...

Or catch up on the WWW. There have always been good and bad episodes as with most shows IMHO.

What does intrigue me is the Top Gear in Barbados blast that is coming up!

When I sit back and consider the rest of the trash on television this show is still hands down my fav!
    Cheers;

Boxerfan

Comment

Just browsing sky tv this evening, came upon a motoring programme.

Lack of budget was obvious and perhaps was a repeat, but how's this for a line up........

2013 plate Aston DB9
      Mk1 205 (1.9)
      Audi 80 coupe !!
      And something about a Dacia Duster!

New stuff and old school motors all on the BBC.

Half was subtitles as it was BBC Alba (mostly Galic) but superb programme!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
        There's a lot of negativity towards Top Gear, and I can appreciate how the show is irrelevant to a factual motoring programme.... But it is far more than that, its a snapshot into most middle age minds, still crammed packed with the completely irresponsible, juvenile things we were lucky enough to get away with, whilst we lambast the younger generations for being impertinent.. Top Gear is a parody and a pi$$ take all in one hit... Love it or loathe it, they're hitting a lot of nails on the head, and the average public find it funny and offensive in equal measure...
        I totally agree. They often exaggerate because a) it's more fun and b) pictures are more powerful than words. Taking this program seriously is mising the point which is... to have a laugh really! I have to admit though that it's losing its spontaneity and its originality. You can tell that an increasing number of scenes are quite badly faked and that the presenters are not actually being themselves but they're trying to be funny by acting predictably silly or by using lame tricks. And this is plainly annoying when it happens. Certainly it's not funny. And Top Gear will be in trouble if it ceases to be funny.

Comment

Working...
        X