Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to contact eBay directly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes there is David.

I have paid by Paypal indeed but it's linked to my bank account and more important paid as a gift... It's just I think I'm honest in doing business and expect others to be so as well, but that is obviously not the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
      Yes there is David.

I have paid by Paypal indeed but it's linked to my bank account and more important paid as a gift... It's just I think I'm honest in doing business and expect others to be so as well, but that is obviously not the real world.
      It's just not the case anymore!

I've had a few issues as of late with Ebay and Paypal sellers. I was recommended by the nice person over Paypal that I should always use a Debit Card with or Credit Card to fund any purchase online, period! Paypal can only help you so far and you have to be on top of your game with photos/tracking#'s and email correspondence.

Its not new but there is a growing attitude now that alot of sellers are taking in that asking for the buyer to pay their sellers fee or send as gift. Im okay with paying the fees if I truly cannot pass up the item but asking to send as a gift is just plane mad!

If it's the fella we originally mutually know of. I know where he lives
      Cheers mis amigos,
      _Anton

Comment

Sorry mate, you can't do shiet after that period.
        They have rules. They cannot brake their rules.
        Even if you open a case, what do you think you'll accomplish?
        They will say, well OK, you're not happy with your purchase, well, mmm, ok, well our rules say that you must send the merchandise back to the Seller on your expense and then he will refund you. If he will not refund you, we will.
        I know their rules and trust me, there is nothing you can do.
        I am really sorry about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
          I have paid by Paypal indeed but it's linked to my bank account and more important paid as a gift...
          Never *EVER* pay for goods as gift. It costs you extra money and you have ZERO recourse if the goods that you were to receive in exchange for your "gift" have issues. A better way is to buy the goods as goods and pay the extra 3.5% over the agreed price (in the seller's hands) so he/she ends up with the same amount as if you sent a "gift". You pay about the same but at least there is a record that you purchased real goods, not just sent somebody money as a gift.

Sorry for your situation but with the "gift" and the issue being flagged after the 60 day period, poke you with a fork, you're done like dinner.

Last edited by UrS4boy; 30 August 2014, 00:50.
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

What's wrong with the car Patrick?

Is it a different car?
            RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
            BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
            LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
              What's wrong with the car Patrick?

Is it a different car?
              not as described.

I think you can't even use the distance seller rules for this due to time/countries unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                not as described.

I think you can't even use the distance seller rules for this due to time/countries unfortunately.
                Having a local Audi Friend would have been very helpful to confirm the buyers expectations and needs in this case. But, for this particular purchase a third party Escrow would have been the method to use.

If it is the person I think it is I'll do what I can to get in contact and coax a mediation. Stay persistent and positive it will get a solution and use the community to put pressure on this guy.
                Cheers mis amigos,
                _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  Sorry for your situation but with the "gift" and the issue being flagged after the 60 day period, poke you with a fork, you're done like dinner.

Which in this case means paying the fee would have brought me nothing, it would only have been more expensive when I purchased the item. I agree on the rest though.
                  I'm not a regular eBay buyer and won't be in the future I guess

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                    Having a local Audi Friend would have been very helpful to confirm the buyers expectations and needs in this case. But, for this particular purchase a third party Escrow would have been the method to use.
                    I agree, I have had a look at another Audi 4kq in the westcoast. Luckily friends of a guy I know lived in the same city and went to have a look and test drive on my behalf. That car did not match the pictures or description as well, so was very happy I did not buy it unseen.

Multiple factors led to this purchase:
                    - the guy was known in the Audi scene and by one or more on here;
                    - he had many of these cars already so I thought he knew what he was talking about;
                    - auction was about to end in short time;
                    - according to the seller a local guy was about to come and have a look at the car;
                    - price was good for the car it seemed to be;
                    - many pictures that made the car look good (by now it seems the pics were outdated);
                    - seller stated he wanted to be very honest about the car.

I must be naive when it comes to buying things I really like.

Comment

Any luck reaching a solution with the seller?

Comment

Unfortunately not mate and neither a reply from eBay themselves...

Comment

Working...
                        X