Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URS6 dampers (keeping the quattro on the road)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS6 dampers (keeping the quattro on the road)

I am looking for some replacement dampers front and rear to go with my lowering springs

I don't want to spend a fortune.
    Seen some black bilstein on eBay but don't do rears for the urs6

Any suggestions welcome

Craig
    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Those black ones you seen....B4 bisteins? If they are B4 they are twin tube and at least half price compared to rest of bilstein range and no good for lower springs. With your lowering springs you need Bilstein B8 or an equivalent. I'm staying standard sport 1BE and just bought B6 sport Bilsteins for mine and Uk retail on them is about £530. Good luck finding cheap ones. Try Yaz on here he can usually do a good deal.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

I am only needing the suspension to last to April next year then I plan to break it.

Comment

Craig

I'm breaking a 2.8 with Koni's on (front at least)
        I'll have them off in the coming weeks so if they're up to scratch you're welcome to them
        1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
        2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
        1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
        1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
        1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
        1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
        1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
        1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Thanks for the offer but need to get sorted asap.

Replaced for 2nd hand Konis sometime ago but totalled now. The rears are tired aswell.

The rears seem to be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by K7ERG View Post
            Thanks for the reply...

I am only needing the suspension to last to April next year then I plan to break it.
            No worries. Is the URS6 that bad it needs breaking?
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

It's a A6 2.5tdi Quattro but has urs6 hp2s and rears.

I see the a6 2.8 Quattro has rears listed.

Anyone tell me if the same as the URS6 rear setup.

Comment

Rear wise, as far as I know, all uk quattros came with sports suspension which will have an M12 top nut for the shocks.
                Only difference being spring and damping rates for the different models but will physically fit each other
                Non-sport suspension have M10 shocks which have a higher spring perch and different mounting parts
                1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
                2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
                1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
                1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
                1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
                1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
                1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
                1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Comment

Info required

Are the dampers on the URS6 the same as the A6 tdi Quattro both same age?

I know the front struts are different but are the inserts dampers?

Thanks on advance

Craig

Comment

Craig: Here are the OE numbers to help you sort out the aftermarket shocks (maybe)

Fronts:

The Euro UrS6 front strut/bearing carriers 4A0412025AC are only for the AAN and the AEC V8 engines that used the HP2 brakes. All the other C4 A6 engines used other brakes, e.g. Girling 57s, and the struts/bearing carriers 4A0412025AA are different.

The AAN/AECs used 4A0413031J (and maybe 031K) shocks.

Rears:

Sedans:

The non-AAN, non-AEC engined C4 sedans used 4A5513031 rear shocks.

The AAN-engined UrS6 sedans with non-sport suspensions used 4A5513031A rear shocks.

The AAN-engined UrS6 sedans with sport suspensions used 4A0513031G rear shocks.

The AEC-engined UrS6 sedans with non-sport suspensions used 4A5513031F rear shocks.

The AEC-engined UrS6 sedans with sport suspensions used 4A0513031J rear shocks.

Avants:

The non-AAN, non-AEC engined C4 avants used 4A9513031C rear shocks.

The AAN-engined UrS6 avants used 4A9513031D rear shocks.

The AEC-engined UrS6 avants used 4A9513031G rear shocks.

By now your head should be spinning. I know mine is. I would consult a Bilstein catalogue, for B6 HD shocks/inserts (or B8 Sports if you have looking springs).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Glad you're back Dave !

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                          Craig: Here are the OE numbers to help you sort out the aftermarket shocks (maybe)

Fronts:

The Euro UrS6 front strut/bearing carriers 4A0412025AC are only for the AAN and the AEC V8 engines that used the HP2 brakes. All the other C4 A6 engines used other brakes, e.g. Girling 57s, and the struts/bearing carriers 4A0412025AA are different.

The AAN/AECs used 4A0413031J (and maybe 031K) shocks.

Rears:

Sedans:

The non-AAN, non-AEC engined C4 sedans used 4A5513031 rear shocks.

The AAN-engined UrS6 sedans with non-sport suspensions used 4A5513031A rear shocks.

The AAN-engined UrS6 sedans with sport suspensions used 4A0513031G rear shocks.

The AEC-engined UrS6 sedans with non-sport suspensions used 4A5513031F rear shocks.

The AEC-engined UrS6 sedans with sport suspensions used 4A0513031J rear shocks.

Avants:

The non-AAN, non-AEC engined C4 avants used 4A9513031C rear shocks.

The AAN-engined UrS6 avants used 4A9513031D rear shocks.

The AEC-engined UrS6 avants used 4A9513031G rear shocks.

By now your head should be spinning. I know mine is. I would consult a Bilstein catalogue, for B6 HD shocks/inserts (or B8 Sports if you have looking springs).

Sorry to ressurrect such an old thread, but I have searched the forum for weeks and did not find info on the differences between the sport suspension dampers. I´ll explain: I´m currently refrotiting the original Sports Suepension 1BE to my car, which is originally a UrS6 with 1BA suspension. I got the springs (AG for rear and R for front), the rear subframe, swaybars and all hardware.

Now, I´m shopping for the dampers, and here´s the problem: the catalog shows, as UrS4boy correctly pointed, two different dampers for the rear 1BE suspension: these are part number "G" and "J". My question is: has anybody had experience with the AEC 1BE vs the AAN 1BE vehicle? I mean, which one is sportier or maybe has a harder (more sportier) damping control? Finally, I think the question is: has anyone experienced the V8 vs the 5 cylinder 1BE suspension to tell the differences between dampers? Maybe the V8 damper is harder? Since I´m looking for a sportier drive, I was thinking about fitting the V8 dampers into my 5 cylinder, provided they are really harder.

Any info on that subject would be most appreciated!

Regards

Comment

Some part numbers/options for V6 C4's would also be really handy, both of mine could do with new front dampers, one has the sports suspension the other has not. One car came with a new set of aftermarket dampers, think they're KYB however they are slightly too large in diameter to fit the housings.
                            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

The lack of tech info and the abundance of part numbers is really something to make you go crazy. The strange thing is the 1BE Springs are identical at the rear, be it the AAN or AEC model (partnumber AG), but there are two dampers listed: 4A0513031G for the AAN and 4A0513031J for the V8. In Traditions site, you get the impression that the J model has a slightly smaler rod. Don´t know if it´s just an impression, but why two numbers, then? Here´s the link:

https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...KAB&model=0001

Comment

Working...
                              X