Thinking of selling the Ur.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling the Ur.

I know shock horror but it doesn't get used at all and I can't see when it ever will and it deserves more.

Not in a for sale thread as I'm just testing the market as I've not fully made up my mind, I'm in no rush and would be looking for 25k. Those that know the car will know it wants for nothing and is a genuine 490bhp, low lag car and very very fast.

Don't sell posts won't help me here chaps! Even the wife's is saying you have had it 23 years keep it...

But I can't help thinking it's not fair to be just sat there.... Less than 3k in 10 years....

Only serious enquiries please.

Darren.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13066

Wow, am shocked to read that Darren.

Genuinely has to be one of the very best UR's left and the attention to detail is without question.

Worth the money all day long but you will seriously regret it. Just sorn it for a while, get the porsche out the system and then give her a blast, I'm sure the love will return.

sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Noone else will use it any more than you mate, it will sit for long periods where-ever it is, such is the nature of the car
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Mr Corbin - get your wallet out mate !
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

you cannot imagine how much I would love to do that....it is everything I could ever want in a car
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

you know you want too... think how long it would take to replicate something as good... and if you did decide to move on from it in a few years you would see most if not all the money back - that's the main plus side from not actually building something.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Do you take credit cards Darren?
              Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
              Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
              Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Wow I thought this was a car to keep!!

My 500 bhp ur has done 2500 miles in 7 years,hasn't moved an inch in 2,1/2 years,but can fully understand how you feel

Comment

Soon as it's gone you ll buy something else that will sit around not being used, so keep it, you ll retire one day and have to spend time with the wife, that's why she sYs keep it.
                  Mine has sat in the garage 5 years now , it may sit another 5 but it is waiting for me

Comment

Nuts, for a second, I thought the noggy blue 996TT was up for sale
                    1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                    1994 80E Avant
                    1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by DJones View Post
                      I know shock horror but it doesn't get used at all and I can't see when it ever will and it deserves more.

Not in a for sale thread as I'm just testing the market as I've not fully made up my mind, I'm in no rush and would be looking for 25k. Those that know the car will know it wants for nothing and is a genuine 490bhp, low lag car and very very fast.

Don't sell posts won't help me here chaps! Even the wife's is saying you have had it 23 years keep it...

But I can't help thinking it's not fair to be just sat there.... Less than 3k in 10 years....

Only serious enquiries please.

Darren.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13066
                      Its quite timely you post this Darren, we've had this conversation about our Ur of 20 years ownership, and we're just not using it... Admittedly, we're doing a bit more mileage annually (circa 1000) but what with that, and the RallyRep doing 800 miles a year it does all become a bit pointless... Like me, I suspect your work takes 75% of your time, and, family commitments the rest.... We're just hanging on in, hoping that more time will eventually allow us to make the most of owning such cars.
                      Hang on in there with us Darren, please..
                      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Having read through the link you posted in your first post. I've come to the conclusion you’re mad.

If you look through the current Ur's that are on the market for good money that still desire a fair few quid thrown at them then your car is far under-priced. If someone was to purchase your Ur then they'd walk away a very happy chappy. The quality of work and the overall thinking behind the mods is of high calibre.
                        I work away 6-8 weeks at a time with 2 weeks home when on leave. I'd not even think about selling any of my cars and just rotate which one I want to use at that given time/ mood.

As said previously put it on SORN and admire it until the itch to drive it returns, give it the beans and enjoy.

Stuart
                        B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

alternatively, flog it because you no longer love it like you used to..

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Darren I don't know you personally but I've read through everything you have done to your UR and it's one hell of a car like it's been mentioned already I think 25k is a very modest price for such a sorted car these are getting incredible rare and in a few years time will be worth double or treble but like myself I have considered selling my S2 I have had mine for 14 years and I use mine a wee bit more than you use your UR in 5 years I've done just under 20k but my biggest question is what the hell do you replace an icon with and what would give your the smile and pleasure you get when you press the peddle with your right foot and what car would give you so many great comments and like my S2 how many strangers and admiring glances would you get?? These are incredible cars

Comment

Thanks for all your comments guys...

Darren.

Comment

Working...
                              X