No announcement yet.

car won't start-help with alarm/immobiliser issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While both those boxes appear to be VAG, their installation doesn't strike me as factory, though I guess the system could have been retro fitted by an Audi dealer, it does look tidier than most aftermarket jobs.

As Andy says methodically go through what looks original and what looks aftermarket or post production at least. Then it's just a case of removing all the after market stuff and joining whatever circuits were broken using the factory colour codes as a guide, you may find you need to add lengths of wire to complete the circuits.

At the end of the day if you have no key fob for it it's useless so may as well be removed.

Every car I've owned apart from my RS2 has had a load of bodgery under the dash masquerading as a Cat one Thatcham approved alarm and every time I've had to remove it because it causes problems. I haven't actually looked under the drivers side dash on my RS2 as yet but there was a switch blank with LED's and wires going somewhere which I cut off so I reckon there'll be something under there that shouldn't be.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks to all, will get back to you if I hit any problems.

Comment

Well, five hours later and it's starting and running like a dream and no bloody siren thank god.
        Must admit it was one of the tidiest installations I have ever had to remove. Every joint soldered and properly insulated. Not like your average Halfords or Kwik Fit jobs.
        Main issues, being a slightly overweight 60 year old bald bloke with specs and a bad back, was getting the black plug out of the bottom of the fuse box and also soldering the wiring back to original at the drivers A-pillar for the central locking system. Anyway all done now and tidy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well done. Not bad for an oldie (I'll be 64 in a month)

Before:

After:
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hooray!
            Well done that man!

(you guys make me feel young- I'll be 56 later this year)

Comment

Brill fur you Colin ( an THE man) ------ wan doon ! an wan tae go --- oops -- an the CQ
              02 A3 1.9tdi 130 sport quattro

Comment

IF audi / vw will not start, and have the yellow eningetags with key in the dash.... the car battery are gone( the starter battery....) its very commen problem....

Comment

Working...
                X