Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christophski
    replied
    Ok so I can report the new powerflex bushes have the split in them. The other ones a mate got me last year don't however I can see a mark where they are supposed to split. The spare ones I have are 15mm too so I don't need them and these will be up for sale soon

Seems it's all worked out ok.

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    When I get home I will look at this and let you all know how I get on lol. I think its gonna be a fun experience what ever i do lol.

Leave a comment:

• mike74
    replied
    Whichever poly ARB bushes you fit, I'd think they would need some sort of split on them for installation. Other than opening up at the split and sliding over the roll bar, how else would you get them on there without wiping off the anti-seize/grease in the process?

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    Ahh well thats my two sources of useful info out the window then... Pair of you... Pah!!! hahahaha. (only kidding)

Umm, well I will see if I can help with the rear then when questions arise however so far Eric has had all the answers so far when Ive asked lol. I've just had a huge box arrive at work from Quattro Corner so Im hoping this weekend the refit can commence.

I hope the new OEM bushes where used, will make enough of a difference for me and the rest being poly had better work too!!!! Glad I went with Poly ARB bushes if the OEM ones are more expensive...

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Must say I didn't notice any difference fitting the poly ARB bushes, but they are cheaper than OEM anyway.
    Poly wishbone & subframe bushes make a huge difference though

Leave a comment:

• irishs2
    replied
    Rear LOL I am out of info too as I am going Neuspeed

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    No worries, cheers though for the input Alex. I will be ordering front end items later this year so im sure I will be searching the forum and this is bound to pop up for a reminder then.

Hmm, i hope they do make a difference the amount Ive spent on the car the last 2 weeks. Im sure they will make a massive difference on mine as I think the old OEM bushes were a little worn from the reaction my mate and brother gave me when they looked at them a few months ago for me....

Im hoping the lack of a split in the bushes doesnt hinder me fitting them

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Ah OK we're talking about a rear bar bush!
    Can't comment then not familiar with the avant I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    mine on the front for the rs2 arb did have a slit in them. Not sure I'm that convinced they make much difference if i'm honest

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    You need 28mm ones then, you sure that's what you got mate?
    I think thats the front one bud isnt it? I think the rear ones are 16mm? The Powerflex website only lists up to 16mm anyway... I already had a set a friend got me as a gift that dont fit which are the ones ive been trying. I think they are a 15mm though....

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    Umm I will need to check when i get home later... I hope I got the right ones if not it looks like a journey back to the supplier and getting the correct ones...

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    You need 28mm ones then, you sure that's what you got mate?

Leave a comment:

• Christophski
    replied
    I hope I got the right ones but I'm not sure then. I measured the bar and ordered the ones I thought were the right size... It's an rs2 arb I have

Leave a comment:

• AndyP
    replied
    Hope he doesn't treat his women like his car!

Leave a comment:

• andy10v
    replied
    Originally posted by martinws View Post
    just spread the slit wide n rammed it home.
    Poor old girl

Leave a comment:

Working...
X