7A distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7A distributor

Hi i have a 7A distributor and wondering what else it fits and how much its worth?
    Any info would be great
    Thanks
    Paulius

Originally posted by Pauliusb2 View Post
    Hi i have a 7A distributor and wondering what else it fits and how much its worth? Any info would be great. Thanks.Paulius
    034905237 X = 7A and NM (1998 cc version of the 7A for the Italian and Spanish market)

http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+cou...905-905050/#1A

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Doesn't it also fit early AAN if you change the shaft+impulse ring to the one from AAN?

Comment

Comparison of 7A, 3B and early AAN "dizzy" drive gears

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
        Doesn't it also fit early AAN if you change the shaft+impulse ring to the one from AAN?
        The "dizzy" drive gears and then end of NM and 7A camshafts are the same. But the 3B and AAN are different from each other and different again from the 7A and NM gears

It might be possible to use a 7A distributor in an early AAN (or 3B) if you use 7A intake cam and made sure that the hall sender wiring was compatible with the 3B and AAN harness and ECU.

Bottomline: In a world where some parts go very very NLA, "ghetto" (bodged) solutions might be very necessary.

This DIY might help:

http://12v.org/urs/Replacement%20%20...istributor.pdf

7A head showing drive gear:

3B cam with Dizzy gear:

Supposedly an Early AAN head showing tuna can dizzy drive at end of AAN take cam: Which now question since the drive gear is much coarser that the detail from Audi tradition:

Audi Tradition matches the 3B vs Early AAN comparison below:

comparison of 3b and AAN drive gears;

Attached Files
        Last edited by UrS4boy; 3 December 2015, 00:39.

Comment

It seems like it could work. 7A dizzy housing could be used with AAN hall, AAN dizzy shaft, AAN dizzy impulse ring & AAN shaft gear. Doesn't make much sense though, since most of the bits still come from AAN.

Comment

7A dizzy works perfect on a 3b engine, my engine is running with a 7A dizzy only for hall sensor because I have multicoil pin swap but was working without pinswap, and works fine.

You need to put the 3b rotor to avoid possible missfire. Also there was two kinds of 3b cam gear and two dizzies...you need to check if you dizzy has the old style, like the last picture of UrS4boy, the left one is the old style as 7A cam gear. And the right one, also was fitted on a 3b engine

Comment

the old style dizzy ref.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simons View Post
                . Also there was two kinds of 3b cam gear and two dizzies...you need to check if you dizzy has the old style, like the last picture of UrS4boy, the left one is the old style as 7A cam gear. And the right one, also was fitted on a 3B engine
                Now I question the two photos of AAN early dizzy drive One has to be wrong.

Here are photos from Audi Tradition:

3B intake:

early AAN intake: looks like the finer drive gear to me

Detail of the above;
                Attached Files
                Last edited by UrS4boy; 3 December 2015, 03:52.

Comment

Hi mate!

Could you attach the pics again??

Comment

I checked the AAN hall ref, there are two. One for dizzy hall and another one for the pulley cam hall (picture 905-20). I don't see the tuna dizzy ref...but the other ones, AAD code is the same as NM/7A and AAR the same as NG. I supose that there was only one type of tuna dizzy, with the same cam gear as 3b old style.

Like the AAN photo with the IM fitted. I think that the AAN with the pulley hall hasn't cam gear. I have one of my AAN without the rocket cover...I don't see the cam gear...maybe another early engine has...mine not
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi mate! Could you attach the pics again??
                      It is either me or my computer or the S2 forum server but "Manage attachments" was like possessed by the devil today from my experience. Re-attached see above.

Comment

I checked the AAN hall ref, there are two. One for dizzy hall and another one for the pulley cam hall (picture 905-20). I don't see the tuna dizzy ref...but the other ones, AAD code is the same as NM/7A and AAR the same as NG. I supose that there was only one type of tuna dizzy, with the same cam gear as 3b old style.
                        The AAN had two kinds of Hall sender. Breakpoint was VIN NN 100 000.

Pre NN100 000 the AAN hall sender was the tuna can dizzy 034905215B on illustration 905- 50 after NN 100000 it was 034905161 on illustration 905-20.

I don't have an actual AAN tuna can dizzy to determine the drive gear size, etc.

I tried to document this before: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22607.phtml

Comment

Thats alot more info then i needed,i have a 3b so will check if mine is the older cam so i can keep it spare,but if not need to sell and how much can i get for it?

Comment

my 3b with plastic gear went for 100eur on ebay.

Comment

will fit 3b and 7a . same gear

Comment

Working...
                              X