Lovely weather were having!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely weather were having!

Been out to Watlington South Oxfordshire today,just got back and it's been that filthy out there today the driving conditions were atrocious! On my way back along the same road i had passed 30mins earlier i spotted a stacked Nissan/Toyota high powered 3 door coupe.He'd just come of the M40 at junt 6, he turned right heading to Watlington and lost it and ended up in the fence. A nice mess He looked all of 24, i asked if he was alright he laughed and said yeah,i said to him you sure mate, yeah i'm fine, to lighten it a bit i said "you know what you need?... ..... .... Quattro i said.. .... he laughed. In weather like today Quattros come into their own or was he going way too far with the loud peddle.
    Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 2 January 2016, 19:18.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

I think I have almost forgotten what the sun looks like, it hasn't stopped raining here for the last 2 weeks or so. I really feel sorry for all those folks up north who have been flooded out.

Comment

I've ended up going backwards a few times in 2 wheel drive cars but never in the Quattro

Comment

Meanwhile in Latvia

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          I've ended up going backwards a few times in 2 wheel drive cars but never in the Quattro
          I would love some of that cold still weather, you know, the sort your ment to get when it's winter. Enough of this mild wet p155
          Originally posted by mdz View Post
          Meanwhile in Latvia

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeanG View Post
            I think I have almost forgotten what the sun looks like, it hasn't stopped raining here for the last 2 weeks or so. I really feel sorry for all those folks up north who have been flooded out.
            This..... On the south coast we haven't had the overall volume of rain, its just been constant gales and damp/ rain, whilst mild... Which sounds grand, except the salt laden sea spray from the constant Atlantic storms blows miles in land and the mild damp conditions turns everything green with algae, incuding the house, cars, gutters, children and the elderly, even the lawn keeps growing as does the weeds, moss, bugs and even the bloody birds are singing at 4am thinking its fooking May.. I pressure wash snow foamed the Land Rover 2 weeks ago and it's already turning green again on the seals and rubbers.

What we need in Sussex and Surrey is a good hard freeze for a couple of weeks to square everything back up again.
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Yeah the weather is pretty shity up here to I think the whole country is getting sick of all the rain - the country can't take much more of battering and as mentioned I feel for Cumbria and the Lakes and any where where theyve been hit by floods. Its also destroying the already knackered roads my A6 on the way back from Kielder this afternoon hit 3 huge potholes covered in water I actually thought I broke the alloy. Roll on the summer (if it ever arrives!)

Comment

23 in south of Spain... The weather is crazy

Enviado desde mi Mi 4i mediante Tapatalk
                Step 1: setup. <==
                Step 2: potentiation.
                Step 3: enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by zafra View Post
                  23 in south of Spain... The weather is crazyk
                  But when the summer comes it will be very cosy at 42 ded.
                  sigpic_________
                  Rob

Comment

Normally in winter it 16-18, im near the sea, 7° more...

Step 1: setup. <==
                    Step 2: potentiation.
                    Step 3: enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by zafra View Post
                      Normally in winter it 16-18, im near the sea, 7° more...

Yep I know, so in the perfect world we all need to move to Spain in winter and move back to Uk in summer.
                      sigpic_________
                      Rob

Comment

M6 was awful this afternoon
                        From Leyland to Stoke took hour and 40
                        4 different accidents and numerous speed down to 40 limits
                        Sanding water for that magic carpet ride feeling( in a Discovery with new mud n snow tyres )
                        Id rather have snow than the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by bluequattro View Post
                          M6 was awful this afternoon
                          From Leyland to Stoke took hour and 40
                          4 different accidents and numerous speed down to 40 limits
                          Sanding water for that magic carpet ride feeling( in a Discovery with new mud n snow tyres )
                          Id rather have snow than the rain.
                          Sussex has been heavy rain from 8 am to 3 pm... proper teaming down. The roads have curbside boating lakes and anything grass like resembles quick sand. Nothing appears to be draining away. I dread to think how much rain has fallen up north to flood that badly...
                          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Don't know which I love most, few months of darkness and rain, or this?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

-26 is cold Thomas but at least it's dry then. Everything is so soaking wet here and another storm and rain is due tonight...

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X