Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying an S Car - Please read this first !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying an S Car - Please read this first !

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/...0.phtml#323674

For people who are contemplating buying an older S car, it would be useful to read this thread to allow you to make the right (for you / your circumstances / your ability ) decision for you.

There are similar threads on here about the same subject, but this one is good also.

If the heart adversely rules the head you could come off second best.

Last edited by macspring; 8 January 2016, 10:13.

But many of the things ThetaTau87 (Brad S) says could apply to any 20 yr old car, not just a C4 UrS. The fact that the C4 UrS is still around shows how strong mechanically the car is.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Surely it is the head ruling the heart, adversely or otherwise, that makes us buy these cars?

Nobody in their right mind would buy an old S car. They eat fuel, they eat money and they can let you down. Mind you, soul and character costs money.

Comment

The thing is, its all about passion... Now I could flog the lot and bumble about in a rented Astra, I could also save a fortune.... But, I would be unhappy, I would have nothing that makes me laugh like a child as I drive it, I'd have no fun, no drama and no frustration with my hobby, for I would no longer have a hobby... Life would become dull. That clearly suits most people in this world of ours, however I clearly doesn't suit those in for the long haul on here... For they are true enthusiasts, and I salute you all.
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
          The thing is, its all about passion... Now I could flog the lot and bumble about in a rented Astra, I could also save a fortune.... But, I would be unhappy, I would have nothing that makes me laugh like a child as I drive it, I'd have no fun, no drama and no frustration with my hobby, for I would no longer have a hobby... Life would become dull. That clearly suits most people in this world of ours, however I clearly doesn't suit those in for the long haul on here... For they are true enthusiasts, and I salute you all.
          Spot on,couldn't have put it better!
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            But many of the things ThetaTau87 (Brad S) says could apply to any 20 yr old car, not just a C4 UrS. The fact that the C4 UrS is still around shows how strong mechanically the car is.
            Indeed !

Comment

sums it up nicely.
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

This makes me proud to still own my avant. I salute you sir for owning more than the shiny avant in your ownership!

Comment

I see no problem with the older s cars in comparison with other second hand cars.
                  In fact the build quality of the older s cars is much better than most, including modern cars.
                  If they are maintained, and serviced correctly they are just as reliable.
                  They do not suffer a great deal of depreciation, so the fact that they use more fuel is cancelled out.
                  My one s6 Avant is a prime example of this 220000 mils and still going strong.
                  I paid £7200 for it 12 years ago .It had done 140000 at the time ,and all my mates said I was made to buy a high miler for that kind of money, but its proved to be a wise choice.
                  I should add that the car is still standard in every way.

Comment

Older s models

I agree wholeheartedly its the unknown that keeps me active how boring life would be if our cars were 100% perfect ,perfect they are not and I am overjoyed at that , for example after sorting all the body water leak,s I am wondering and talking to my S2 where are you going to spring a leak next etc .I salute all of my fellow enthusiasts the S2 is dead long live the S2

Comment

Working...
                    X