Subframe Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subframe Refurb

I'm about to start the refurb of the subframes on my 7A Coupe Quattro and I happen to have a set of bushes for the front subframe of a front wheel drive 7A coupe.

I notice the bushes on ETKA have different part numbers between the Quattro and non-quattro, the question I have is are the differences significant enough to cause an issue or can I go ahead and fit the non-quattro bushes ?

The bushes are 10mm i/d

I must admit, I'm leaning towards ordering the correct parts but I'll be miffed if they arrive and they are pretty much the same.

Any advice greatly appreciated !

Cheers,

Martin

I can't help with the part numbers on original bushes i'm afraid but when i did this job myself i got superflex and there was no differentiation between front and back of the subframe. There has been a thread recently about fitting new factory bushes, suggest have a good read if you are set on factory. I went superflex purely because they are easy to fit, factory ones need trimming at the very least to coax them in...

Comment

Don't forget original rubber bushes can suffer badly from oil contamination, if longevity appeals then fit poly?
      I did my subframe last year, was putting it off but it went to plan.
      Are you doing both subframes at the same time?

Comment

Hi John,

Yes doing both front and rear and all associated bushes drop links etc.

I did the same on the S2 not so long ago and went for solid bushes.

As this is my daily drive, this time I wanted to go for OEM set up on the understanding that the ride will be a little more compliant, although I have read from other members' posts that solid. poly or solid makes little difference.

I took the rear sub frame off yesterday and the bushes look significantly different to the spares I have so I may go poly, not least for ease of fitting.

Who's poly bushes did you use ?

Cheers,

Martin

Comment

I used Power Flex for the front subframe, suspension arms already had poly's fitted.....origin unknown.
          Contact Teg on this here forum for Power Flex bushes.
          Did the rear subframe unbolt ok? I'll be stripping mine soon with a view to refitting with galvanized subframe and other new bits and bobs.

Comment

If interested we are also making them. Available in very competitive price https://www.akmotorsport.net/shop/al...shings-b2b3b4/
            AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

quattro corner can supply poly ones I think, he knows what you will need

Comment

This might help too
                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...+refurb+thread

Comment

And this
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...bframe+refresh

Comment

Thanks for all of your responses, some really good info that I'm sure will come in handy.
                    Subframe unbolted with no problem at all, can't say the same for ball joint pinch bolts though unfortunately or off side drive shaft bolts, seems they have been affected by heat from the exhaust. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Cheers,
                    Martin

Comment

Working...
                    X