Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast driving classes

Hi guys

My wife is about to take her driving test and I'm sure she'll pass. Great, that means finally she can drive us to parties and I can get drunk

However, we have only the S2, and the good Doctor doesn't want her own car. This makes me a bit scared. Novice driver, 280bhp, turbo lag, big brakes, uprated suspension etc. Could be a recepie for disaster, which I absoloutely don't want.
    What I would like to do is get her on one of those track courses where you get an instructor who teaches you how to drive your car properly - you know, the sort of thing that quite a few of the sports car manufacturers now offer to buyers of new, fast cars? Or, is it a question of getting her to do the Institute of Advanced Drivers course or something?

Anyone know what the options are is so I could investigate?

Or should I sell the S2 and get an A3 TDi or something!
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Most of the tracks do those type of courses. My little bro did one at Castle Combe. Silverstone do them aswell IIRC??

But dont sell the S2 for an A3 TDi, not after getting those calipers sorted
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Hi Tom
      Thanks, I'll give that some research.
      My wife is rather looking forward to driving the S2 actually, which is a good sign I suppose, but it does worry me - it took me 10 years of driving before I went for the S2 having gone through a range of cars of increasing performance: going from a Ford Focus L-car to this is some leap. Ok, she's not a 17 year old boy-racer, which should help a lot!

Brakes - yes, there about the only thing on the car working properly at the moment

Comment

To be honest Becky drives my car fine and her own 200bhp A4. She has only been driving 4 years or so and used to drive a 1.25 fiesta!! So Im sure your good lady will handle it ok. Just only let her drive it when you are in it
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
          To be honest Becky drives my car fine and her own 200bhp A4. She has only been driving 4 years or so and used to drive a 1.25 fiesta!! So Im sure your good lady will handle it ok. Just only let her drive it when you are in it
          LOL is that because Becky doesn't get above 4K revs?!

Seriously I would be concerned Dan, i don't think the S2 is a car that a new license owner should be driving (male or female).
          On the flip side it's safer in the S2 should she crash it rather than a little run around!

Comment

Bizarrely, my insurance premium will fall by over £100 when I put Sara on my policy.

I think we may be spending a few hours driving around Sainsbury's car park to start with!

Comment

Yeah my insurance fell when i put the missus onto my policy, although she DOESNT like driving it
              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
                Bizarrely, my insurance premium will fall by over £100 when I put Sara on my policy.

I think we may be spending a few hours driving around Sainsbury's car park to start with!
                Thats not surprising, it's a well known old trick. I posted this on the forum before.

I put my old lady on my insurance and it dropped by over £100

Wouldn't put my mrs on it, i'd never the see the car again!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                  Wouldn't put my mrs on it, i'd never the see the car again!
                  Has she appeared on crimewatch too then?
                  Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                  X