No announcement yet.

Tow vehicles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tridac, in all honesty i dont know! i remember always having issues with every one i saw.

i was only 18 at the time and maby as you say a heavier vehicle and me being a little lad most likely didnt help.

then again im like that with most 4x4s, i generally find they are not my cup of tea, hence my thaughts of a shogun as i like how they look, if that makes sense

not knocking the brand, just never got on with them personally!
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

What kind of weight cars are you going to be buying/breaking?

Comment

I tried to go with the simplest mule with the biggest grunt I could get away with...Plenty of room for track day tools and supplies.

GMC Savana 3500 with factory tow package
        Attached Files

Comment

Sleeper Avant:

In no way offended, diifferent strokes I guess. Have alway run 4x4 of some sort ever since living in the country and a bad (81-82, iirc) winter brought everything to a standstill. Landrovers, including an early 90 hardtop, (pos), then the Isuzu, which was just like a car to drive, everything a Landy should have been and waSn't. Sure Land Rover must be better now, but currently fashion accessory territory anyway, since the Defender was canned.

If you want to tow a lot of weight, as someone else questioned, a good strong trailer is probably near a ton, which means you are limited to a couple of tons or less for the vehicle. I think only Land Rover and some of the larger Jap 4x4 have anything like that sort of towing limit, so worth checking before buying. Had to bring back a car from N Wales one time on a hired plant trailer and the old 3.1 Isuzu was quite happy at 70-75 all day long on the M4, with no sign of tail wagging.

Anyway, going on a bit as usual :-)...

Comment

Working...
          X