V6 AAH inlet manifold to ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 AAH inlet manifold to ABC

Morning, after a great deal of time and spanner chucking, I have traced a vacuum leak on my Dads 2.6 ABC Coupe to the inlet manifold, it is made up of three pieces which are screwed together and the bottom piece is plastic. There must be at least 40 screws and presumably 2 gaskets. The 2.8 AAH is made of 2 solid ally pieces and 4 bolts holding it together, just wondering if it will fit on the 2.6 engine, I know I would need to change the ICR but I do have a spare one and manifold from an AAH.

If I remember correctly idle valve is different between the two. Just take the manifold off, separate it and put it back on black silicone and problem sorted mate BTDT.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Take the ABC manifold apart, and remove the plastic box inside just for precautionary measure.
      Also check the bottom piece, something had rubbed a small hole into it.
      My ABC lost compression in one of the cylinders, one plastic piece was stuck between the head and valve. Fortunately the valve didn't get hit, and everything all good after removing the piece.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro
      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Thanks for the answers, what is the plastic box for? This an even worse design than I thought when I started this post if it has pieces of plastic that can fall into the engine.

Comment

It is for changing intake displacement. Probably gives few Nm more low end torque, but everybody who has removed, have said that they don't feel any difference.
          1989 Audi 80 Quattro
          1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Here is a manual about change mainfold from 2.6 abc to 2.8 aah with all needed parts for this operation from Russian fun club tuning.

Comment

Enjoyed that, it's rare to come across such a good tutorial especially on the V6, thanks for sharing.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
              X