Opinions on tyres??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeper_Avant View Post
    dont shoot me here, but have you any Kwik Fits near you?

they should have Hunter equiptment and do a 2 year/ 8 free adjustments deal for £99........

PM me if you might want any help with someone to set it up etc,

although I would check and make sure it isn't all seized up before you take it anywhere as usually they are no able to adjust within tolerance etc.

Cheers, Sean.

Cheers Sean, but Audi did my A6 a few weeks ago for £60 all-in, and for a 2 ton car it handles like a gokart so it'll probably end up there

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
      Is your wife using the car as a daily?
      Yes- average 50 miles a day, mainly motorway.....

(I would add to this that she is the most defensive, least aggressive driver you've ever seen in your life, the Polar Opposite of me, so this set of tyres will probably die through old age as opposed to going bald)
      Last edited by Tonybolony; 1 March 2017, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
        Tony they are Avon ZV7 excellent and when I need to change the A6 I will be using them
        Cheers Bud-
        I'll look now

Comment

Falken are a decent choice for general driving. Actually ran them on my s2 and were very capable wet and dry. Used them on my a6 avant and octy scout....quiet, grippy and lasted well
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
            Cheers Sean, but Audi did my A6 a few weeks ago for £60 all-in, and for a 2 ton car it handles like a gokart so it'll probably end up there
            Did they do only toe in/out or also adjusted camber? My S4 is in need of adjustment and don't know who to trust.

As for kwik-fit, I think with these it depends where you go, because they used settings for a 5 year old A3 for my brothers 20 year old 80
            '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
            '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
            '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post
              Did they do only toe in/out or also adjusted camber? My S4 is in need of adjustment and don't know who to trust.

As for kwik-fit, I think with these it depends where you go, because they used settings for a 5 year old A3 for my brothers 20 year old 80
              Just make sure everything is free moving and you should be fine with audi doing it on their biesbath (typo) rig. As long as you bring the spec with you or they have it on the system, no reason why they cant do it. I always insist on staying with the car while its done so i can see myself now...use the excuse of wanting to look at the underside while its in the air. Most are happy for you to join them
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I think Audi gave me a quote of 80 all in but seems too cheap for 4 wheel alignment thus asking. I'll pop down to local Audi and see what they say.

Back to topic of tyres, Falken are very good in my opinion. Had them on my 100 fee years back and they were sticky and never let me down. Currently have Hankook V12 on the S4 and again, has never let me down, and at under £300 a set you can really complain.
                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I have falkens 914 on my S2 and they are good on dry roads but only ok in the wet, they loose their grip sonner than all the tyres I had before but without surprises just less grip.

Comment

[QUOTE=hunker7;934143]Did they do only toe in/out or also adjusted camber? My S4 is in need of adjustment and don't know who to trust.

Looking at the Before/After printout, the camber appears to be within tolerance whereas it wasn't beforehand...
                    I'm therefore assuming that this has been adjusted as well as the toe.

Comment

Just called up Leeds Audi and they quoted me £216 for alignment
                      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Definately £60 inc Vat at Cardiff Audi (J30, Pontprenau, Cardiff M4)
                        Even including your fuel, it'd be cheaper to travel

Comment

Chingford Audi in London quoted me £85. Maybe they got too excited when I mentioned I drive an S4
                          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

That's a good price for London!

Comment

http://www.ttsroadsport.com/
                              Only place to go bro, £85 and they spent 2/3 hrs getting my car right

Comment

Bit of a trip from Leeds though. I think someone suggested place in Sheffield that which is much closer.
                                '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
                                X