Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naim22 View Post
    Out of interest, why?

Depending on whether you own an Avant or Coupe, either one is the successor IMO
    Only much more powerful and still keeps all of the key S2 characteristics.
    I've got Ross' APR tuned TTRS on the driveway now, and it's a phenomenal modern 2-seat sports car that rattles through the gears nicely with the auto box, but all the plastic panels, generic VAG interior and niceties in the world will not make it an S2.

The other thing is consider which isn't tangible is desirability. A bit like the classic Porsche's which have soared in value, as people grow-up and accumulate wealth they desire the cars and experiences they pined after whilst growing up, and with money on their side seek to attain.

£6k to buy my ageing S2 when i was 19 seemed like a lot of cash... but i've since spent £6k multiple times just keeping it on the road over the years!

Simply put - badge and power doth not a car maketh
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Buy a Later model UrS6 Avant for £4.5k, less expensive and better value than even a an S2 Avant - spend ten grand on the UrS6, and it will be 'pretty good' compared to spending the same money on an RS3. And you'll have reliable, good condition car that can carry most stuff you need to carry in your daily life and still perform to a similar level to an TTRS.

No depreciation applicable to the UrS6 and very anonymous.

Above assumes you can spanner most jobs, and you also have patience, resilience and commitment, if not buy the newer RS3.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
        Buy a Later model UrS6 Avant for £4.5k, less expensive and better value than even a an S2 Avant - spend ten grand on the UrS6, and it will be 'pretty good' compared to spending the same money on an RS3. And you'll have reliable, good condition car that can carry most stuff you need to carry in your daily life and still perform to a similar level to an TTRS.

No depreciation applicable to the UrS6 and very anonymous.

Above assumes you can spanner most jobs, and you also have patience, resilience and commitment, if not buy the newer RS3.

But it looks that S6 and S4 dont grow the prize like S2

Comment

Originally posted by ristokru View Post
          But it looks that S6 and S4 dont grow the prize like S2
          For now. Majority are breaking them up for parts. In some time there will be a shortage of these, just like with classic boxy Coupe's, and then the prices will soar.

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
            For now. Majority are breaking them up for parts. In some time there will be a shortage of these, just like with classic boxy Coupe's, and then the prices will soar.
            In germany prices for s4 and s6 doubled in the last 4 years.
            [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

So then to fuel the fire, whats this worth?

1996 ABY S2 Coupe
              147k on the clock, but had to replace them a while ago so its nearer 140k in real life.
              Volcano Black. Full glass out respray. Paint coated in GTecniq Crystal Serum and Exo3
              BBS RC11 18 Wheels with Michelin PS2's
              Koni Shocks H&R springs.
              All subframes, arms and ARB's stripped and powder coated.
              Full Poly Bush, including engine and gearbox.
              Black Leather, heated front.
              Sunroof
              Walnut Insert
              AC - Needs fixing
              Cruise - Needs fixing
              DAB, IPOD, Bluetooth Headunit
              K27 Hybrid, billet compressor wheel.
              Wagner manifold and intercooler.
              Bigger injectors (forget the cc) 044 fuel pump.
              3" Exhaust all the way.
              TFSI coils and Errors loom.
              Ally big core radiator and Carbon engine and rad covers, Aux rad delete.
              414bhp 607Nm
              Project Mu Volkswagen Racing front brakes 356mm rotors. 330 S4 discs on the rear with 996 callipers and seperate handbrake calliper.
              Attached Files

Comment

And more fuel...

A modded car will never be worth as much as a tidy original unmolested... assuming good overall condition...
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                  And more fuel...

A modded car will never be worth as much as a tidy original unmolested... assuming good overall condition...
                  I don't think you are too wrong, however it depends what you mean by modified or if modified can include improved. This is where I think it gets interesting and very relevant to the original question.

So my car is the original colour just repainted. No body kits no headlight washer delete etc. So from the outside its just the wheels and brakes that look different.

Interior is fully stick bar the head unit and I can't see having Bluetooth dab and ipod as being a negative. But a change to a period unit wouldn't be hard.

So it's down to the engine mods, if we refer back to the original post comparing to a ttrs or rs3 what we have here is an old car that will keep with the new stuff.

I wouldn't want a huge power car or one with holes cut in it or a crazy colour or lambo doors etc. But having an old car which can mix it up with the new breed is nice.

Doesn't matter cos it's not for sale anyway

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post

Doesn't matter cos it's not for sale anyway
                    My thoughts about mine exactly

I agree with you. But I still say any mods will make it potentially less desireable at the top end price
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I am building S2 sedan replica. All Technics in car is from S2 Coupe. Now the cars worth about 5-6000€.

Will this kind of car grow as investment also?

Comment

I've got an RS2 spec Coupe' mapped by Automark if anyone wants a swap for an RS3 give me a shout
                        OMG did I just write that out loud

Comment

1996 ABY S2 Coupe
                          147k on the clock, but had to replace them a while ago so its nearer 140k in real life.
                          Volcano Black. Full glass out respray. Paint coated in GTecniq Crystal Serum and Exo3
                          Koni Shocks H&R springs.
                          Sunroof
                          Walnut Insert
                          AC - Needs fixing
                          Cruise - Needs fixing
                          3" Exhaust all the way.
                          414bhp 607Nm
                          Project Mu Volkswagen Racing front brakes 356mm rotors. 330 S4 discs on the rear with 996 callipers and seperate handbrake calliper.
                          £10,000 to £15,000 I reckon but really it's all a guessing game

Comment

1996 ABY S2 Coupe
                            Koni Shocks H&R springs.
                            Sunroof
                            Walnut Insert
                            AC - Needs fixing
                            Cruise - Needs fixing
                            3" Exhaust all the way.
                            414bhp 607Nm
                            NICE

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                              I've got an RS2 spec Coupe' mapped by Automark if anyone wants a swap for an RS3 give me a shout
                              OMG did I just write that out loud
                              really????....you would....

I must say I agree with Steve H and the attention these cars get even from "not so interested" members of the public at random places...they are something different on the roads compared to the usual "wind tunnel developed" hatchback - SUV - saloon - Estate - coupe (delete as applicable) we find ourselves sharing the roads with....

I suspect its a little bit of nostalgia which has driven the prices up of anything interesting from the last 20 or so years...

Comment

Going by OP, I'll give you £5k for it
                                Actually, as you've a lot of effort/work into it, I'll go £6k

As mentioned £10 -£15k could well be achievable, but again as stated elsewhere, not for sale, and worth what someone will offer.

1996 ABY S2 Coupe
                                Koni Shocks H&R springs.
                                Sunroof
                                Walnut Insert
                                AC - Needs fixing
                                Cruise - Needs fixing
                                3" Exhaust all the way.
                                414bhp 607Nm

Comment

Working...
                                X