Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check these facts if you get a speeding ticket

Checklist for a successful prosecution

The speed limit must be correctly signed in accordance with the regulations (Folly Bottom, Wylye, North Wales)
    A speed limit order must apply correctly to the location in question
    (Lincolnshire, London)
    The paperwork must be correct and in accordance with all laws and regulations. (Dorset)
    The paperwork must be delivered on time
    The Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) cannot be served by second class post. (South Wales)
    The equipment must be calibrated correctly
    The operator must use the equipment in accordance with rules and guidelines
    The operator must form a prior opinion of speed in excess of a speed limit
    Arguably only a Police constable is qualified to for a prior opinion of speed in excess of a posted speed limit
    Communications equipment must be switched off while measurements of speed are taken (including the operator's mobile phone)
    The site must be suitable (restrictions include near power lines)
    The equipment must be working properly
    Evidence must be disclosed to the defence 7 days before the trial on request or it becomes inadmissible
    If you don't know who the driver was at the time of the alleged offence you may well have a statutory defence in RTOA1988 S172(4) as amended
    The court must be impartial (And since the Magistrate's Court Service are usually a camera partnership member it is far from clear that the court has the required degree of impartiality.)
    The process must not breach your Human Rights (A 'right to silence' case is ongoing to be heard in 2006 in Strasbourg.)
    In the case of Gatso fixed speed cameras the transit of the calibration marks in the two photographs must match the speed recorded by the radar speed meter
    The prosecution must turn up in court with the correct paperwork
    Witness statements cannot be signed by machine. (North Wales)

Is this part of your new job?
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

yeah i wish! just take pleasure in finding flaws in speed camara laws!!

Comment

if only i new a few of these things a few weeks ago i my of avoided 6 pts and a massive fine pain county , good research

Comment

For loads more info and help on avoiding points and fines, check out www.pepipoo.com
          ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I was just about to post that link.....
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X