Whist changing the coolant hoses....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whist changing the coolant hoses....

I will be changing the coolant hoses at the garage meet for samco's, assuming they are ready in time. Whilst doing this is it a good opportunity to replace or upgrade anything else? Currently the only other thing that I want to do is replace the coolant thermostat.

Thanks ... Angus
    formally RS2 +

[QUOTE=AAH!]I Whilst doing this is it a good opportunity to replace or upgrade anything else?

Angus good think to replace in your case is bottle reservoir if its not done yet

[QUOTE AAH ] Currently the only other thing that I want to do is replace the coolant thermostat.

I will be doing that soon when I get my pass pump
    sigpic_________
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robo
      Angus good think to replace in your case is bottle reservoir
      @robo - Fingers crossed; I haven't had any more problems since loosing 2 litres of coolant castle coombe. replaced the duff pressure relief cap (thanks for the tip) and cut out the split end in the coolant hose where it fixes to the water rail.
      formally RS2 +

Comment

Originally posted by AAH!
        @robo - Fingers crossed; I haven't had any more problems since loosing 2 litres of coolant castle coombe. replaced the duff pressure relief cap (thanks for the tip) and cut out the split end in the coolant hose where it fixes to the water rail.
        Did you get you low level sensor replaced??
        sigpic_________
        Rob

Comment

I'd also do the thermostat unless its a fresh one in there already.

Also have a look at the oil pressure senders in this area - if any look a bit sweaty or weepy its wise to change 'em during this job. They aren't expensive.

I got notification from Samco that the 1st batch of water hoses is due 30th january which is fantastic !

Cheers,

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
            I got notification from Samco that the 1st batch of water hoses is due 30th january which is fantastic !
            Great News!

Will check the oil pressure senders. Thanks
            formally RS2 +

Comment

Originally posted by robo
              Did you get you low level sensor replaced??
              NO!

Forgot about that

I suppose I better look into that as well. Thanks for the reminder.
              formally RS2 +

Comment

Angus,

I will be doing my coolant hoses at the garage meet also. Good idea about the list of jobs to do at the same time having created some access. A definitive list with part numbers would be good, some would be in the "you would be stupid not to do it now" category and others in the "possibly might be a good idea" category.

@ Paul - good to hear that the hoses will be ready
                Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

I hope to help you guys with this - they are all easy except the two heater matrix hoses - prepare to lose some flesh doing those two...

Paul
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                    I hope to help you guys with this - they are all easy except the two heater matrix hoses - prepare to lose some flesh doing those two...

Paul
                    You aint kidding, can i ask if it wouldn't be easier to "flare" the ends of the coolant hoses?

Took 3 of us to get the heater matrix hoses on just behind the PCV and at the bulkhead, i was ranting this weekend

On a positive note the hoses look superb, not a single leak when i fired the car up.

My little turbo cooland hose was fubar, split at one end and leaking madly.

Comment

I never got around to doing my heater matrix hoses. Just getting the the hose that fits onto the thermostat housing was enough to nearly kill me, It also took 3 of us an hour or so to do it.

As a result Paul is having Samco increase the diameter of this hose. Maybe the same should be done with the heater matrix hoses.

It's not that the hoses are the wrong size, it's just that they are so much less flexible, especially the smaller ones and do not want to expand without a serious fight.

Angus
                      formally RS2 +

Comment

Working...
                      X