(!)warning symbol on autocheck ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (!)warning symbol on autocheck ?

i sometimes i get (!) beeps warning when i start the car in the morning but only sometimes then goes out? something to do with the brakes, engine not turning over fast enough battery bit low?

It's the brake accumulator ( aka > The Bomb ) that is starting to fail and it loses pressure whilst the engine isn't running. I've been told that it's really urgent to change it when the (!) light comes on when you're actually braking. As long as it comes on when you start the engine after a cold night, your "Bomb" is still working fine but just not holding the pressure like it should...

I have the same problem, and it's gotten worse since I've fitted the Porsche 996 monoblock calipers, I suppose it has something to do with me having a much heavier foot when braking since with the new added confidence, I brake later and harder.

Or am I completely wrong, my knowledge doesn't compare to some experts who roam these threads late at night
    Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

yeah only seems to come on sometimes when starting on cold morning.

Comment

I have had this with the S2 and now the RS2 after a period of several days without use. Bomb has always passed 'the test' so never worried too much.
        I would not worry too much
        Alastair
        RS2

Comment

Yep, don't worry. There is a check valve that leaks slightly. The hydraulic fluid gets back to reservoir through the pump.
          My bomb does that too when temp is below -10C.
          -

Comment

He He Just remove the lot!!!!!!!! No ABS anyway with porsche calipers etc on do you really need it??
            Dark Grey Avant
            RS2 FARB
            Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Originally posted by Azman
              He He Just remove the lot!!!!!!!! No ABS anyway with porsche calipers etc on do you really need it??
              The ABS should still function as the pick up is on the hub. I think that you may beb better off with it working.

I have some corking flat spots on my tyres due to faulty ABS.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                The ABS should still function as the pick up is on the hub. I think that you may beb better off with it working.

I have some corking flat spots on my tyres due to faulty ABS.

David
                Yup, ABS works with Porsche calipers, my front passenger side wheel ABS sensor wasn't plugged in properly and it was triggering the ABS when slowing down under 10km/h...

HTH,

David
                Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

First message for me and an opportunity to resurrect this chat.
                  My 98 Audi convertible 1.8, which i own since 05, always had a very sensitive ABS trigger. Didn't have any errors on the dash but then again not sure whether the dash messaging is working as the centre section that apparently has a status screen (between revs and tacho) at startup never gave me a message.
                  Is an over sensitive ABS sign of a failed ABS sensor? Is that located in the front wheel hub?

Comment

Working...
                  X