London Underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Underground

Totally off subject here but maybe someone can help?

I'm down in London from Thursday through to Sunday this weekend. What is the cheapest tickets I can get or passes for Zones 1-4 for the 4 days? Do I buy a travelcard daily? A 3 day travelcard then a daily, oyster? HELP!!!

Chris..
    Missing her lots!

I'll email my sister and ask her as she works for transport for London.

Comment

This is the email I got back:

"Well that depends… Do they want buses, tubes, trains? If it is buses and tubes, then Pay as you go Oyster is best, as once it gets to the Travelcard rate it stops charging – However, if they want to use trains, then paper travelcards are best…"

ETA - "Tell him that with pay as you go oyster.. you pay £3 for the card.. then when you return it you get that £3 back"

Comment

Robatron,

Many thanks for your help. Trains only, so Travelcards will do...

Much appreciated
        Chris.

Originally posted by Robatron View Post
        This is the email I got back:

"Well that depends… Do they want buses, tubes, trains? If it is buses and tubes, then Pay as you go Oyster is best, as once it gets to the Travelcard rate it stops charging – However, if they want to use trains, then paper travelcards are best…"

ETA - "Tell him that with pay as you go oyster.. you pay £3 for the card.. then when you return it you get that £3 back"
        Missing her lots!

Comment

Oh just to add, she sent me this via email but I have only just seen it:

"Day travel card…. Off-peak £5.70… peak.. £9.00"

I cant remember the hours, but I think after 9:30am is off peak.

No worries about helping, was easy enough to email my sister. Atleast shes useful for something!

Comment

(Caveat - Not entirely suitable for work environments)

http://www.backingblair.co.uk/london...ound/index.htm

Comment

Working...
            X