S2 ABY Fan belt adjusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 ABY Fan belt adjusting

hi can anyone tell me how easy it is to adjust the fan belt? Would it be easy to replace if adjusting for piece of mind?? and can you point me in the right direction i have adjusted one before but never on an S2 have adjusted one on a 1.3 golf and a cavalier turbo !! probably sound like a right idiot but thought you helpful people would be able to help me out!! Many thanks Rik

there isn't a belt for the fan on the S2, runs direct from an electric motor which dims the national grid when it draws current so no adjustment necessary?

Whats the symptoms?

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

fan belt

Well there is a screeching sound just like fan belt just assumed !! when i come to a stop the revs go below 1 thousand and it tries to stall the ecu kicks the revs up to keep it running but when i do this with my lights on something screeches only for a second but its worring me a bit !! any ideas?? thanks

Comment

Alternator belt loose? It's a rachet type system to tighten.
        Undo the outer nut, then use an open ended ring spanner to turn the inner part of the nut anti-clockwise until the belt is tensioned better, then clamp the outer nut back up. By far the hardest part is access, don't slip with the spanners or you'll skin your knuckles.

Jas..
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
        X