• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the plus side!!!

Have a butchers at this.

TOmorow morning. 9.30am this is me

http://www.buyagift.co.uk/Product/Id...ini_Experience

Can't wait. has been a long time since i have sat in a car like this!!!

Will get some photy's if possible (and it is not raining too hard!!!)
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Nice !
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

just remember you're paying for it mate so if the instructor treats you like a girl you're entitled to force him from the car and drive like a mentalist. it's in the small print. honest. have a good one.
      Nj
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      1990 CQ20v
      2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

@ Fourcircle. Don't think I will be vey light footed do you!! Especially in the lambo. The scooby will get a pasting too!!!!! Just tosee how it can handle round the track of course!!!!
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Sounds like science to me mate. You should get a grant.
          1990 CQ20v

Comment

OMG what a fun day that was!!!!!!

Went through the breifing (saftey first!!!!!) and got told they had blown a few engines and gearboxes that morning!!
            Then he said due to this he had opened up all teh cars to everyone on the feraril/lambo day!!!!!!

Went out for a taz round the circuit in a BMW 5 series 535 diesel I believe (bleeding quick though!!!)

Then onto the main event!!!!!!!

Car one which I have a vid of too (will try to upload later as it is on DVD) was the Lamo Gallardo!!!!!

What a car. Well not for tall peeps like me anyway. Turned it off with my knee getting in. Then again adjusting the seat, then again while adjusting the steering wheel!!!!!
            Witht he helmet on my head was touching the ceiling too so was a bit cramped. Got to say I can't stand paddle shift, how violent a change do you want???

A few pics anyway folks

Dark Grey Avant
            RS2 FARB
            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Got to say there were some peeps who were very frightened of this car to give it some stick round some of teh corners. The instructors with you do tell you how to drive the circuit to the best and do spot your driving capability quickly and adjust to that!! He had me hoofing round some of the corners with the car just stepping out slightly at the rear!!! What fun though and the sound OMG!!!!!

That was the best pic as I came round the last corner before the pits and before the chicane. then it was up onto the straight. Hit 160 first lap, 165 on the 2nd then pasted it ont the last lap and only managed 155 as the rear lost it a touch on the way out and the computer kicked in to make the car behave :mischeif:

Then it was on to car two!!!
              Dark Grey Avant
              RS2 FARB
              Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

The Ferrari 360. Much more room in this beasty!!!! Loads in fact for me. Had to take my right shoe off though as it caught the brake when hitting the throttle

The guy int he car took the traction control off and said here we go. Jees it felt quicker then the lambo and gripped just as well. Much quicker on the throttle this time and we were playing with the Aston V12's that were on the track at the same time. Lovely car.

Dark Grey Avant
                RS2 FARB
                Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Also got the girlfriend a lift round the track in a scooby. Frightened the daylights out of her!!!!
                  Dark Grey Avant
                  RS2 FARB
                  Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Haha. Look at the cheesy grin on you (assume that's you driving). That looks like a hell of a day mate. Was the 360 just silly fun to drive?
                    I'm trying to find somewhere in Scotland that I can book for the missus as a wedding anniversary pressie. Want to get her a shot in an aston cos she loves them and I want her to get a bit more confidence. Plus if she likes a fast car she might be happier with me keeping the S2 when i rebuild it instead of trying to convince me to get rid of it and get a family sized A6 (quattro of course).
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

Looks like a great day out. How long did you get in each of the cars? I'd like to do something like this for my birthday, is there any age restriction?

Mark
                      '93 Brilliant Blue Audi S2 Avant - Broken again.
                      '98 Tahiti Blue Rover 216SE Coupe
                      '96 Arktiksilber Metallic BMW 525td (E34)
                      '01 Dark Green Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.1LTD
                      '97 Polar White Vauxhall Vectra 2.0Di LS
                      '96 Alpine White Peugeot 306 XLDt

Comment

Theh ferrari I hate to admit was a better drive but saying that it was prob due to having more room to move and not pretending to be a sardine
                        Dark Grey Avant
                        RS2 FARB
                        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Got 4 laps in each of the cars, not enough for the price but still worth the experience.
                          Def for the Astons if you do it the V8 was off the pace but my god can the v12 vanquish move!!!!!
                          Age restriction is over 18 and no more than 6 points on the licence and they did check BTW.

P.S> Fourcircle that is me driving
                          Dark Grey Avant
                          RS2 FARB
                          Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Only thing I would say is my Audi is a damn site louder than both of the cars driven and prob all on the track that day but hey de ho!! Gota let peeps know I am coming!!!
                            Dark Grey Avant
                            RS2 FARB
                            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

i'm sure you've more room for passengers, shopping, beer, parts for other cars etc in the Audi mate. those other cars are ok for a day out but you've gotta be chuffed knowing what you're going home to eh?
                              Did you get the car re-MOT'd by the way?

I wonder how long it will be before we see an R8 on one of these tracks? there'll be a carpark full of S2s when us lot hear about it anyway.
                              1990 CQ20v

Comment

Working...
                              X