Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap VAG COM cables- Any good?

Hi,

we have a Rosstech cable at work and are thinking of getting some more OBD cables for VAG cars and others...

We've been looking around at some on Ebay- can anyone reccomend of warn me of what to look for and what to/not to buy etc? Its just $280 is a fair bit more than £2.99 from china!

Phil
    ...ever since I floored you I knew that I loved you!

buy them from ebay username 'alpha-bid',i have never had any problems with them.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZalpha-bid

Comment

Ok, having a look around his shop. Do these cables work with the standard 704.1 VAG-COM software?

Comment

is that the free version off the rosstech website?if so i dont see why it wouldnt.Im using an older version 3.11 i think it is.

Comment

Yeah thats the free download one. We're gonna open the other cable up later and see whats inside. If its just a simple IC then I'm sure anyone can copy it, but if its something more complicated then I'm not sure...

What do you use your cable to measure? Its only really the engine diagnostics we're interested in for vehicle benchmarking.

Comment

Buy the the one mentioned by s2avant in this thread http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20252 from http://www.ecutool.com/

Gives you FULL vagcom and connects via usb. Works on my laptop and the incar computer fine

I bought the 403 lead but this has been superceeded with 405.

Comment

Cheers, thats explained alot! Seems the ecu tools website is the way forward. Not THAT cheap though...

Comment

s2 pth,tryed sending you a pm but for some reason it wont allow it?

Comment

$63 came in about 40 delivered for full vag-com........... you say thats not cheap???

Comment

Looks good to me. I assuem this will work with an S6?

Where's the cheapest place to get the VAG-COM software. (I assume it doesn't come with this cable?)

Comment

Originally posted by gn3dr View Post

Where's the cheapest place to get the VAG-COM software. (I assume it doesn't come with this cable?)
                      I just found what looks like a download page for the software. Link

Might give them a go me'sen.
                      UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

Comment

Originally posted by gn3dr View Post

Comes with the cable

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                          Comes with the cable
                          Any functionality or connectivity problems with it?
                          Any installation problems?
                          Does it have full functionality?
                          Did you buy USB?
                          UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post
                            Any functionality or connectivity problems with it?
                            Any installation problems?
                            Does it have full functionality?
                            Did you buy USB?
                            Originally posted by Jamo
                            Buy the the one mentioned by s2avant in this thread http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20252 from http://www.ecutool.com/

Gives you FULL vagcom and connects via usb. Works on my laptop and the incar computer fine

I bought the 403 lead but this has been superceeded with 405.
                            No disrespect but are you seriously asking that question after the above details have been posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              No disrespect but are you seriously asking that question after the above details have been posted?
                              Yes I am seriously asking that question, but due to leaving my brain at home this morning I must appologise for the inanity of my query!

Comment

Working...
                              X