S3 Turbine Failure Follow Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 Turbine Failure Follow Up

Thanks for replies on the S3 Turbine failure, firstly, the Exhaust is all separated already and all clean with not a trace of fragments of turbine wheel anywhere??
    Bits of the turbine that got into the engine actually did a fair bit of damage and so far the fragments have not been found?? It seems the engine has eaten the bits?? But where can they be?? Surely Titanium cant be chewed up like that??
    Anyways, i am stumped now as iv'e searched all the possible places the bits could be Would there be a chance the bits have made their way into the oil filter alloy housing?? Where the pipes go in at the top?? or my Oil catch tank?? These are now the only two places i have not looked so far?? or has anyone got any more ideas?? I just don't feel safe putting the car back together until iv'e found something
    Thankyou in advance for any help.

Was it only the turbine that has been damaged on the turbo? Is there damage to pistons, valves etc inside the engine? you didnt say if the car has Cats or silencers, possible to be bits in there. Pretty hard to predict where bits will land to be fair.

Comment

Working...
    X