fitting remote locking to 1997 A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting remote locking to 1997 A4

This is more of it can be done post than a can it be done post..

So Ive read up on a few forum's and I couldn't find a yea ive done it post..
    so this is a yea ive done it post!!

there was a few bits of info that Ive put together like some cars dont have the wiring for the receiver for what I can pick up is if it doesnt have the wee bubble on the vent on the dash then it doesnt have this.

My car when new never came with remote locking but it had the wee bubble on the vent.
    The vacuum pump had the part number 8D0 862 257 A.
    now the info I could pick up the pumps with A and H at the end are both non remote pumps.

I picked up a pump with 8D0 862 257 G and the 2 button remote from the same car and when I plugged it in it just worked straight away even the buttons on the remote. no coding required.
    ( as far as I can tell the coding is in the pump )

you also get 8D0 862 257 E this is the later pump which fits to face lift cars with the battery back up siren. this will act strangely in a earlier car.

now I did try the pump from my old p reg car which was the same part number as the one ive fitted but for some reason the pump wouldn't run long enough to open or unlock the doors. ( Im wondering if this is down to coding for a different car again. as the P reg car has differences to the R reg car.)

So yea theirs still a few unanswered questions but I can confirm.. it can be done!!

you might need to mess around to find the correct pump or find the correct code for the pump. ( im going to compare the codes in the P reg pump to the R reg pump later )
    I removed the pump from another car the same year so I think this is why its helped. but yea.. it feels good to have the correct OEM remote locking fitted with no extra wiring or boxes.
    1997 A4 avant 110 TDI Quattro

Cant understand the p and r reg stuff, must be uk thing. Write model years, I can compare schematics then.
    Pump running time cannot be changed. Via coding you can reverse unlock/lock buttons, automatic door lock when car moves, blink/horn confirmation etc.
    Is the old pump fully functional? There is pressure switch inside which stops the pump, otherwise the pump should run ~10sec. when system is leaking.

I have fitted 1997 A4 centrol locking with remote into my 1989 80
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

P reg is 96 R reg is late 97 August onwards.
      The pump from the 96 works fine in the 96 car it has the non flip key with 2 buttons but won't run long enough to unlock or lock the doors when fitted to the 97 car. When I got the pump and flick key from a donor 97 car and fitted this to my 97 car it works as it should. I'm wanting to add the Automatic lock when moving off as the original non remote pump done this.

Comment

Originally posted by jbh View Post
        I'm wanting to add the Automatic lock when moving off as the original non remote pump done this.
        Easy. Add 32 to your current coding number.

1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post

Easy. Add 32 to your current coding number.
          Yea I had seen this. Just not got round to doing it yet.

Comment

That pump thing is really weird, if the connectors match, then it should work. I assume there was no key in the ignition lock
            when you tried the 96 pump on the 97 car.
            1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

There is some compatibility issues between 8L0 and 8D0 pumps

Comment

Next time my mates over I'll double check the part number of the pump in the early car.

Comment

Originally posted by M2ki View Post
                  That pump thing is really weird, if the connectors match, then it should work. I assume there was no key in the ignition lock
                  when you tried the 96 pump on the 97 car.
                  I had no key in the ignition. As I say I'll double check the part number of the pump.

I also managed to program a 2nd flip key to the car so chuffed at that. Wasn't sure if I would have been able to as had to use the passengers door as the driver's side lock doesn't operate the central locking. I think I'm needing to change the switch on the lock.

Comment

Hello all, great thread! I have a 98 or R Reg b5 a4 tdi Quattro. No remote locking (I have all 3 original keys) has the little receiver bubble on the vent for the windscreen blower so I should be able to get it remotely locking with a central locking pump change and acquiring the correct key fobs? Will double check but iirc the current pump ends with the suffix "H" starting 8L0 which is a non remote pump.

Just to help help me clarify if it can be done to my car without any after market crap/extra boxes or wiring

im completely new to diesels so any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by orttauQ View Post
                      Just to help help me clarify if it can be done to my car without any after market crap/extra boxes or wiring
                      Yes. Also you need to buy a key blank for cutting and take immo transponder from your old key or code new key into immo.

Immo and central locking systems are separate.

New remote key fob with blank key costs ~15gbp. It's a chinese copy, but usually 20 years old key fobs look pretty beat up and ugly.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Perfect! Iv seen a G c/l pump on egay so if it worked for you hopefully it'll work for me, sort the keys out should be good.

i was going to use immo transponder from the original keys so no reprogramming would be needed, can I not use the blade from my oe key? or is the filp one different?
                        Although I would like to keep at least one oe key. And add some functions to the remote locking by adding code..

most of the old key fobs iv seen are abit tatty but new ones aren't quite the same.. lol they look different.

started stripping the front end this evening... and well she's a dirty old girl got a nasty oil leak from somewhere but from the history it has had helicoil to sump plug sooooo.

my current c/l pump code is 8L0 862 257 H (same as "A" non remote) so you think if I swap for a G it will work?
                        Last edited by orttauQ; 17 October 2017, 21:19.

Comment

I dont know what your current key looks like, but i dont think you can separate the blade if you have non remote key fob. Also flip ones have different blades. It pretty cheap to get your new key blank cut, at least in here, around 10gbp.
                          1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Key is std black rectangle with blade sticking out in the middle sorry no pics can't upload ATM.. computers.. would have thought I could get it out no problem but does it fit remote fob??

Comment

It doesn't. Flip blades use a metal pin to fit the blade aga flip mechanism together. Other keys have the blade glued/melted onto the plastic.
                              1989 Audi 80 Quattro

Comment

Working...
                              X