No announcement yet.

fitting remote locking to 1997 A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was lucky I got an OEM flip key and pump complete from a breaker and I had key blades for flip keys as my car had the right click fitted to it at one point. I managed to change the transponder and blade over to the OEM key which was programmed to the pump. Ive not built up a 2nd OEM flip key and got it programed so now have 2 remote keys working.
    1997 A4 avant 110 TDI Quattro

Comment

orttauQ do you have any pictures?

Comment

Think I'll be able to get the needed pump, tbh I would prefer n oe Audi key but a new style one will do, change the transponders over and reprogram the keys into the pump.

pictures of what? I'm not sure what photo storage I can use to upload they won't go straight from my phone..

Comment

Anywho befor all that I need to change the timing belt/water pump and clean the turbo, boost hoses, intercooler and intake.

Comment

Originally posted by orttauQ View Post
            .pictures of what? I'm not sure what photo storage I can use to upload they won't go straight from my phone..
            pictures of youre car. I like to see other 1.9tdi quattros as there wasn't a lot of them. is it an Avant or Saloon?
            you could try imgur that's what I use. you can get an app on Android.

Originally posted by orttauQ View Post
            Anywho befor all that I need to change the timing belt/water pump and clean the turbo, boost hoses, intercooler and intake.
            I found blanking of the EGR helped as well.

Comment

Ah lol yeah I do have some, it's in the garage ATM with front end off so not much looking at. It's an avant they look so much better than the saloon.

Will see if I can upload them somehow.

Blanking off off the EGR was the 1st thing I did, like I said before I'm new to diesels so I'm learning. Any advice much appreciated

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It's afn engine 110 version, only got cloth interior but it's super tidy, removable tow bar. it's on 263K service history upto 180K only known problems when purchased is aircon not working, and turbo not actuating 100% was a bargain price too but I have discovered a nasty looking oil leak.

Comment

Yea my last one was on 176k when I got it I ran it up to 202k I sold it to my mate when I bought the blue one. the blue one has done 209k its had a few oil leaks but sorted them out.

My new car.
                    when I first got it.

how its sitting at the moment.

My old car

My old car sitting beside my other mates 1.9tdi quattro.

Comment

Nice both look tidy, how'd you do the front grill? aftermarket? Looks nice on the Sline rims.

body work on mine is a little tatty nothing that can't be sorted tho.

any tips on turbo removal? It's still bolted to the exhaust manifold (nuts are ****ing chewed) but off the cat but just can't squeeze it out do I need to remove the cat?

This is how how she sits now.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Managed to get the turbo off just took some wiggling and getting the right angle. Got to clean everything now and its all covered in *****.
                        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

yea the Turbo bolts can be a nightmare. best thing to do now you have them off is order some new ones from Audi.
                          I did this with the green car I also fitted a low mileage turbo from a pd130 passat but if you do this you'll need an A6 130 turbo boost pipe as it has a metal clip on the turbo end. order it from eBay as Audi want scary money for one.

The grill is a Kamei one its the only one ive ever seen. I swapped it over to the blue car and sold the green car with the standard grill.
                          I think it suits the wheels. again the green car went away on standard wheels but my mate has picked up another set and got them on.

The green one doesnt look bad in the pictures but all 4 doors either need replaced or repaired. bonnet has a ding and every panel is needing paintwork.

The blue one has the typical front arch problem and a wee bit on one of the rear doors and a wee bit on a rear arch. its really straight compared to the green car.

Comment

They ****ing were a nightmare! Lol did it in the end, would you reccomend I change the turbo?

I like the grill will definitely look out for one iv see them befor on a3 etc I really like the rs4 rims but there silly money, I wouldn't mind some s4 ones but ATM what's on will do.
                            when I change them I'll keep the originals as winter wheels for snow fun.. Quattro power! Lol

yeah I have some slight front arch issue and some on OSR door and NSF door but not bad, every panel has a scratch, OSR arch has a small ding as does NSF door, lacquer peel on both mirrors and small patch on front bumper but it's generally pertty good bosy work wise.

Comment

check the turbo for any play in it. theirs no harm in throwing a fresher one on.
                              I found a difference power wise fitting the PD130 turbo. it wasnt massive but it did make a difference.

Comment

Turbo has a very small amount of play, it has been fine but I'll likely replace it no point in the risk, while the cars stripped I may aswel do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X