No announcement yet.

Opinions, A4 B5.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect Charlies is the same spec or at least very close, it's even the same colour as yours from what I've seen in the photos. It was advertised as being some sort of special model from the dealer when he purchased it as I drove him to collect the car, though I normally take such claims from traders with a pinch of salt..

Okay, so they might not be an official TQS but they're just about the same spec and an Avant is so much more practical, I have seen another one and that was black as well.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I am still here and still reading and absorbing all this, interesting stuff. After a day under our 2010 A3 quattro, I think B5 territory is more in keeping with the 'Audi I love' what the H311 they have been doing since I am really not sure. Anyway, I took KSimmonds advice and messaged Cardcrash, so we will just need to se how that pans out at a later date. It's already looking like a road trip to Wales? Anyway I gave him my E.Mail in case I am not on here as regular as I would like to be, just need to take it as it comes from then.As for the green V6, latest is it's gone to be scrapped bit the guy who bought it apparently paid £800 for it, so watch this space, if you can be bothered, my money is it will be back on the road, to be honest I don't really care now, too many ifs/buts/lies/stories etc etc, so onwards and upwards, lets just see waht comes up and what happens with the Black Avant when it's ready Thanks to everybody on here for all the help and advice

Comment

You may not get a reply from Charlie (Cardcrash) he's not active on here currently, I've dropped him a text and not heard anything back yet, though if he gets an email notification he will respond to you. He's kinda gone off cars for the time being after having a serious accident a couple of years ago, that's why I think I may well sell the A4.

You might have to wait a while though if you want the car in a proper state, it's been stood for three years so I'm going to have to do a fair amount of work to it other than install the engine to get it to a decent standard, I take pride in my work so refuse to be rushed or cut corners. Fitting the engine itself will take a while as it's been so long since I pulled the old one out.

I did check the car inside towards the end of last year and it was clean, dry and mold free which is something.

That V6 sounds like a total dog, £800 is the sort of money shed's with an MOT trade for, I'm sure it could fixed and if doing all the work yourself that could be practical financially. I reckon paying a garage to sort it out would end up cost as much as an S4 from the sounds of the palarva surrounding the car and it's sale/buy back.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I’ve had two 2.8 a4 quattro (sport) versions, a 1.8tqs and three 1.8t fwd. got a speeding ticket in the last 2.8. Was a really nicely balanced car. Fuel economy wasn’t great but it was city driving.
          Personally I preferred the drive to a b4 but found them slightly worse in mechanical aspects-leaking cam seals, brittle vac pipes and the over complicated front suspension that someone has bound to have been at before and made a mess of the top bolt.
          im currently looking for one as I can’t find a good b4 quattro and my 4motion golf has decided to become 2motion as it’s not a proper quattro

Comment

OK bit late to the thread here but yes the A4 avant was sold in the UK as a quattro sport, I have one sitting on my drive its a facelift 2000 model with the digital as opposed to analog type clock, white dials, half leather interior, 5 speed gearbox and with the 20mm lower than sport (standard sport suspension setup as per S4/RS4) factory suspension on 17inch boleros, 180 BHP standard (mine chiped to 200) they were developed by quattro gmbh in Germany who also did the RS4 and later DTM cars.

Comment

Sounds identical to mine then
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                Sounds identical to mine then
                Well, I can go one better as mines got the bose !

Comment

Lovely
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I broke a few, avant and saloon. One of the saloons had the heated half leather recaro option, same shape seats as the b5 rs4. I think split folding rears was also an option along with bose, front armrest, cruise etc.
                    After driving s2s, these were just way too slow

Comment

And factory xenons were really rare

Comment

Working...
                      X