Clutch issues A6 1,8t quattro HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch issues A6 1,8t quattro HELP.

Noticed today that the clutch on my daily driver is on its way out.

Accidently dabbed the pedal by mistake and it started to slip the clutch like mad. It wont slip by just pulling it hard through the gears, not even from low rpms on high gear... The car is chipped. Anyway, other than if i provoke it it doesent slip. My big issue is the DM flywheel. How big of a chance is it that it is shot too? I dont really want to pay for one if i absolutley dont have too... As they are expensive as hell. The car feels normal and there are no strange noises. But i also dont want to just order a clutch kit (preassure plate, cluth, bearing) just to find out that the flywheel is done when the gearbox is out.

So, anyone got any advice?

Cheers

Kris
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

if it won't slip by pulling hard through all the gears and only does it when you mess with the clutch pedal i'd have thought that was normal?

Comment

Well in my experience with previous cars is that if i dab the clutch it wont slip as in keep revving like a mad man as this ont does. They simply just bite back.

Comment

maybe the clutch is slightly sticking on the splines ie not enough oomf behind it to push the plate back into contact with fly after a 'dab' but ok otherwise?

Comment

Maybe... Never thought about that

Comment

Dual mass flywheels are expensive new, but not so second hand. I have one if you need it.

Comment

Cheers guys. I wont be changing the clutch until it starts slipping under acceleration anyhow. If the FW is knackered i might take you up on that 220bhp! Thanks for the offer

Comment

the disk may be cracked: change the unit total... ive bougth a kit from 034... a steel flywheel; flat one.... not double mass; and a steg 3+ WITH springs... kompl ca 5500 NOK.... with bolts for the flywheel wery nice pc....

Comment

Working...
                X