UrS6 - Saloon Rear Boot Carpet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS6 - Saloon Rear Boot Carpet Question

A quick question, is there supposed to be a 'carpet' on the rear bulkhead in the rear boot of a UrS6 saloon ?

Mine is just bare grey coloured metal when you bend down and look into the rear of the boot ?

Just curious.

Thanks.

There is a piece of the dark grey carpet that covers that metal bulkhead. Item 17 in the diagram below. The photo is my 93 UrS4 trunk at the start of a fuel pump replacement with one piece of bottom carpet removed to expose the fuel pump access hatch and my broken ski-sack cover (since fixed).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Hi Dave,

Perfect response as usual - Thanks.

I still think to myself albeit selfishly why did he have to buy that Dodge at this stage ?

He should be concentrating his funds on his existing C4 cars and use them to get out more to drive them and enjoy going places rather than being bogged down hemorrhaging money on the Dodge.

But as a famous comedian says - "But that's just my opinion" or as you'd often say Dave - "YMMV".

nevertheless good to see you still on here still in spite of the Dodge.

Bestest wishes.

Last edited by macspring; 4 September 2017, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
        A quick question, is there supposed to be a 'carpet' on the rear bulkhead in the rear boot of a UrS6 saloon ?

Mine is just bare grey coloured metal when you bend down and look into the rear of the boot ?

Just curious.

Thanks.

No carpet there from the factory David, only cars equipped with the ski bag option get the carpet at least here in the UK.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
          I still think to myself albeit selfishly why did he have to buy that Dodge at this stage ?
          He should be concentrating his funds on his existing C4 cars and use them to get out more to drive them and enjoy going places rather than being bogged down hemorrhaging money on the Dodge.
          But as a famous comedian says - "But that's just my opinion" or as you'd often say Dave - "YMMV". nevertheless good to see you still on here still in spite of the Dodge. Bestest wishes.
          It gets worse. I just sold my fully RS2'd 93 UrS4 this week. Gone. But not forgotten. I had it 2 months short of 20 years.

Don't worry. I still stop by here every morning and afternoon and see if any of my previously written 35043 posts on quattroworld UrS, 11843 posts from here or 18800 posts on AudiWorld UrS are of any use in answering a question. I especially look for posts with 0 replies to see if I can help. If there are already several replies by the time I arrive, I don't bother opening the post because I don't want to contradict the answers. - Unless the topic is very much a C4 UrS topic, then I will jump in.

The Dodge is still fun. I've been busy putting new carpet in it and adding three point seat belts. And.. And.. And... Keeps me very busy.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
          X