Engine Swap 2JZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap 2JZ?

Hi. Has anyone ever tried to build a 2JZ GTE into an S6 C4? Is that possible? Or is the engine too long?
    408kw @ wheel

best to measure the lump. the usual how much is in front of the front wheels is gonna be an issue as with all audi

Comment

Somewhere in US it has been made. In youtube there are even clutch adapting with 01e or smth. Look up!
      1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
      *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
      1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Engine
        31" long, pulleys to starting edge of bellhousing (end of block)
        27" tall, bottom of pan to top of valve cover

Though I am unclear on why to do this... they are both essentially 2.5 engines, which are great for turboing, one is just missing the exhaust note.

Comment

Oh, and here you go: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-1JZ...4383.l4275.c10

Comment

The 2JZ is almost 80cm long. The 5 cyl with pulley is about 55cm long. He does not fit in there.
            408kw @ wheel

Comment

With the Adapter, the engine is 40-50mm longer. That does not even fit in the C4
              408kw @ wheel

Comment

I would use a R30 engine (destroked R32) - low budget Vr6 turbo.
                Should fit, have seen several Audi 80 B4 with that engine.

Comment

Hi Acki. The R30 is an absolute no-go for me. I do not like the engine.
                  The Ford Barra Turbo engine is still a real announcement.
                  408kw @ wheel

Comment

Working...
                  X