A6/S6/100 Suspension the same as S6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A6/S6/100 Suspension the same as S6?

Probably covered but being lazy as usual, sorry.

URS6 bits are in pretty short supply in New Zealand, even when you work in the Antipodes biggest car parts chain, so riddle me this - will 100/A4/A6 quattro rear dampers bolt up to my URS6 or are they different?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Jolfa View Post
    URS6 bits are in pretty short supply in New Zealand, even when you work in the Antipodes biggest car parts chain, so riddle me this - will 100/A4/A6 quattro rear dampers bolt up to my URS6 or are they different? Thanks!
    They would "bolt up" but the thing is, what are you starting with and what are you trying to achieve? Do you have the 1BA non-sport suspension or the 1BE sport suspension? Are you running aftermarket springs (Eibach or H&R or ??). Shocks and springs work as a team and you don't really want to mis-match them.

The factory had lots of different rear springs, depending on the situation.

Provide some answers and I (and others) will provide more guidance, e.g. alternatives, PNs, etc.

Some reading for you: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/38532.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Ta for that, I have absolutely no clue what is on it unfortunately, the car is 100% bog standard, 1996 saloon, late enough to not have the diff lock, I'll do more investigating at some point.

At the minute the dampers do nothing, they are shot to **** so anything would be better than nothing! Guess I'll put whatever I can get through work on it for now if all C4 quattros use the same physical dimensions until I can justify coilovers...

Cheers!

Comment

Have a read on this:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/198304.phtml

Find your build tag in the boot or your warranty book. Look for 1BA or 1BE in the lower right corner and report back.

Comment

Fiiiinally got round to this, it's 1BE

Comment

Originally posted by Jolfa View Post
            Fiiiinally got round to this, it's 1BE
            So that means that your UrS6 should have the factory sport suspension with lower springs and shocks and the factory rear sway bar. 1BA people envy you.

Comment

IF you have that sport suspension, I would just order some aftermarket Koni's or Bilsteins. They are about the same as OE for price, and will match those springs much better.

Comment

Working...
              X