100 C4 S4 Drivetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 C4 S4 Drivetrain

Hey all. I have been to our local wreckers to get a part for my Volvo 850R.. Bare with me haha.. Then i stumble across this Audi 80 Quattro. It is a V6 model in really good shape and still shows a current WOF (or MOT) I saw the car on the road a couple of months ago and was going to ask the owner if he wanted to sell. Now it looks like its been dumped ;(
    Anyway, Are there any drive line parts on this car that will be good spares for my 100 S4? Like the locking rear diff, or gearbox? Its a real shame because these cars are really rare in NZ. Thanks Kevin

https://imgur.com/a/cGDNq8t
    Attached Files

Completely different chassis mate.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Appreciate the reply, but surely some parts are the same! Can we start with the rear diff, would audi really manufacture two different size/mounting locking rear differentials? I have noticed in the past the clutch kits are often listed for V6 and 5 cyl cars, so are the gearboxes similar/same..

Comment

Check on 7zap.com and see what fits and what doesn't.
        '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
        '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
        '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Thanks, i needed somewhere to compare parts.

Comment

80 q and c4 s4 nothing the same mechanically. I've broken many.

Comment

Hey thanks again, i had a sift through 7zap.com (great site) and realised i was well wrong! Think i will still go back and pull some parts and advertise them to help someone else out.

Comment

I'd grab the complete car and use it a spare vehicle for when your working on yours assuming it's cheap and could be put back on the road for little cost.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                X