Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-piece strut on UrS4?

Hello everyone!
    What do you all think of trying to fit the two piece strut from an S2 Coupe on my UrS4 instead of the UrS6 strut?
    Same bearing and same pilotball dimention...
    Modify the top bearings though.

What do you all think of this? Has it been done?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I cant be the first person who has this thoughts?

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, so I am thinking that what does the VW Fox strut have to do with a UrS4 suspension? Second thought, was why do I recognize this picture? Then I recognized the garage floor. Interesting how a picture comparison of a Audi B3 10V front strut vs a VW Fox strut, ends up in Sweden. Especially, considering that Europe never got the early Brazil made VW Fox.

Moving on, there was a guy named Tim on the Motorgeek forum, that did this to an early V8, which has a similar suspension to the UrS4. This is the thread. A lot of pictures are gone, he was building a track car and never finished the project. You may be able to drop him a PM on Motorgeek and he may be able to provide you with some guidance.

Socially inappropriate motoring information, available in 1qt increments
      They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
        Ok, so I am thinking that what does the VW Fox strut have to do with a UrS4 suspension? Second thought, was why do I recognize this picture? Then I recognized the garage floor. Interesting how a picture comparison of a Audi B3 10V front strut vs a VW Fox strut, ends up in Sweden. Especially, considering that Europe never got the early Brazil made VW Fox.

Moving on, there was a guy named Tim on the Motorgeek forum, that did this to an early V8, which has a similar suspension to the UrS4. This is the thread. A lot of pictures are gone, he was building a track car and never finished the project. You may be able to drop him a PM on Motorgeek and he may be able to provide you with some guidance.
        Hello there First thing, do not lock yourself too much into this specific picture as its just a sample to show what i am looking for with this thread and the reason for this is that i need to change the front suspension due to the guidelines i got from my WOT guy (Swedish SFRO) to obtain 15 maybe 20kw/100kg in the vehicle.

Anyway i am going to buy myself a set pr spindles and struts from A80Q V6 and compare it to the UrS6 strut, i just whoundered if anybody knew anything about this

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

I was just mentioning the picture, because it is mine. Posted it on a VW Fox forum.

Just the thread from Motorgeek.

Greg W.
          They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X